Autopsy 2023 Round 3 – GWS Giants vs Carlton, Saturday, April 1, 4.35PM AEST, @Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Gameday. Seems like the weather is again conspiring against the club.

GWS v CARL.png
Hopefully the return of Lachie & Chook can help the midfield run. The biggest improvement though needs to be giving a 4-quarter effort, not dropping off in a quarter or half and allowing a massive run of goals against us. Carlton are tipped as top 4, we're not, so even at home they should win ... but can we disrupt them and sneak a win? All lines on the field need to fire today; any deficiencies will undermine our ability to win.

Let's go GIANTS!

I agree that the weather works in our favour. I'm expecting a Carlton win today, but if we can keep surging the ball forward, playing that "tsunami" style that Kingsley wants we could scrap our way to a win in the wet.

Carlton were always going to be the toughest opponent we were going to face in the first 5 rounds. Their forwards and their recent form make them the favourites. However, it is in our home ground, and will be interesting what Kingsley can conjure up after our defeat last week in Perth.

I wonder if they’re planning to sound the tsunami warning before the bounce again.
Not a fan of it myself. Be interesting to hear what the players think.
Tsunami or not I expect the Blues to be a bit too slick today. Be good to see their small forwards contained and better distribution from our mids to the outside. Most of all I want to see the ball moved inside 50 with some creativity and urgency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

love Nick Haynes
great servant of the club
all Australian

no longer AFL standard

love Nick Haynes
great servant of the club
all Australian

no longer AFL standard

Agree. Riccardi makes me want to smash my TV though

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad