Autopsy 2023 Round 4 – Essendon Bombers v GWS Giants, Sunday, April 9, 2.10PM AEST, @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Gameday! While Melbourne seems to be forecast to be cloudy but not raining, the roof at Marvel Stadium should take the weather factor out of this game. So, just down to how well the teams turn up to play today. Hopefully AK has GWS ready to rumble. It's an important match for us, going 1-3 in a run of winnable games would be a poor start to the season for us. Need our big guns to fire.

ESS v GWS.png
Let's go GIANTS!

I'll be at the game and barracking hard for the Giants. I think you guys have the wood on Essendon, beating them the last few times you've met. I think the biggest tussle will be in the middle, which imo is very close in terms of talent and form. I think the Giants forward line has more forward craft than that of Essendon, and I think the Giants defence has played well as a cohesive unit for a long time now, and will gel well enough to hold off Essendons scoring potential. Good luck, and Giants to win.

We need all lines to play to their potential. I do believe we have the edge in the mids, backs and forwards - if we play to potential. Midfield is where the talent is closest, so that's the important battle to win.

Time go see the tsunami in action on a dry fast deck
I still think our run is a long way off suiting the tsunami gamestyle really well. If we had Jones and Bedford in then it could be rather devastating (I hope).
It’s great to see players starting to back themselves in though… makes us so much more difficult to play against. There will be a few mistakes but that’s all part of it.
I have to say, when Ash takes off, my heart is in my mouth every time. He’s got a few clangers in his game… it’ll take a couple more seasons to iron those out… he’ll only get better if he keeps taking the game on.
Certainly, if he doesn’t iron out those clangers then we’ll eventually find someone who can provide the run whilst also using the ball consistently well.

I still think our run is a long way off suiting the tsunami gamestyle really well. If we had Jones and Bedford in then it could be rather devastating (I hope).
It’s great to see players starting to back themselves in though… makes us so much more difficult to play against. There will be a few mistakes but that’s all part of it.
I have to say, when Ash takes off, my heart is in my mouth every time. He’s got a few clangers in his game… it’ll take a couple more seasons to iron those out… he’ll only get better if he keeps taking the game on.
Certainly, if he doesn’t iron out those clangers then we’ll eventually find someone who can provide the run whilst also using the ball consistently well.
I agree Ash has a little hit and miss about him …. But good to see him take it on

Let's hope we can get rolling and our wings can do some damage. Excited for Stone to finally string some games together.
I'm confident our back line can hold teams well enough ..it's all about fire power. Mids need to kick goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far, enjoying the poor goal kicking by the bombers! But sooner or later, they will kick straight and we can’t keep kicking it to them

Ash just watched the ball then instead of going for it. His kicking is also poor.

Riccardi also doesn't want to put the body on the line.

They have so many more talls to contend with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back