Prediction 2024 Best 23

Remove this Banner Ad

McStay really hurts because neither Reef or Ash are that goal square gorilla but here's hoping for a late season miracle.

Quaynor Moore Murphy
Maynard Howe Pendles

Daicos Cameron Crisp
Daicos De Goey Sidey

Schulz McCreery Hill
McInnes Mihocek Bill

Int:
Lipinski Cox Mitchell
Macrea WHE Markov

I’m not wishing him ill will, but a little worried about how banged up Elliott seemed twice last season. He had a patch in between where he looked good though.

Changes from GF:
Out: Murphy (head) in: Dean
Out Ginni In: Shultz
Out: Frampton In: AJ
Out: Lipinski In: Finn

Murphy is part of our best 23 but honestly I don’t think he’ll play a lot because of caution re head injury. Dean is the ideal replacement, I think he and Frampton will rotate that spot. I’d give Chaz first crack.

B: Quaynor Frampton Maynard
HB: Crisp Moore Howe
C: J.Daicos N.Daicos Sidebottom
HF: Hill Krueger Schultz
F: Elliott Checkers McCreery
FOLL: Cox De Goey Mitchell
INT: Hoskin-Elliott Markov Pendlebury Macrae Lipinski

Johnson looking good and Reef maybe slightly undersized
Would be great to have Reef and Degoey swapping forward and mid 70/30, but maybe this is Beau
Really tight for spots

B: IQ - Murphy - Bruz
HB: Howe - Moore - Markov
C: J Daicos - JDG - Crisp
HF: Beau - Checkers - Hill
F: Billy - Johnson - Schultz
R: Cameron - Pendles - Jesus
INT: WHE - Steele - Titch - Cox - Macrae

Probably forgot someone. I'd give Johnson first crack until he loses it... dunno who the sub is, thiough I do love the idea of WHE there because he's so versatile.

B: IQ - Murphy - Bruz
HB: Howe - Moore - Markov
C: J Daicos - JDG - Crisp
HF: Beau - Checkers - Hill
F: Billy - Johnson - Schultz
R: Cameron - Pendles - Jesus
INT: WHE - Steele - Titch - Cox - Macrae

Probably forgot someone. I'd give Johnson first crack until he loses it... dunno who the sub is, thiough I do love the idea of WHE there because he's so versatile.
Lipinski missing.

There will be injuries, but we do have enough midfield depth now it is hard to play everyone who is deserving.

Last edited:
B: Quaynor Murphy Maynard
HB: Markov Moore Howe
HF: Hill Mihocek Schultz
F: Elliott Kreuger McCreery
FOLL: Cameron De Goey Crisp
INT: Mitchell Cox Hoskin-Elliott Pendlebury
SUB: Lipinski

I think round 1 atm is this

• Kreuger impressed me
  • Frampton playing defense, can’t see spot unless Murphy is out

B: Quaynor Murphy Maynard

I think round 1 atm is this

• Kreuger impressed me
  • Frampton playing defense, can’t see spot unless Murphy is out

Can’t see Murphy playing time soon.
With the way lippa is performing he won’t be sub and we need to find room for macrae if he keeps his form in the next 2 games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t see Murphy playing time soon.
With the way lippa is performing he won’t be sub and we need to find room for macrae if he keeps his form in the next 2 games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lippa proved to be a really handy sub in the GF, he rather start of course

Hard to find a spot for Macrae with so few outs, strong deep list we have

Agree with a post just above me except I think we will pace ourselves with murphy.

Sub to be between Hoskin Elliot and lipinski and outside chance one of those misses out and macrae sneaks into the 23. edit… is Pendles a Smokey to be starting sub on occasions this year? Maybe not in round one against who I think is our biggest premiership threat.

I’m assuming Schultz is a lock?

Edit this is a round one prediction not a “ whole season” best 22 prediction

Last edited:
Players like Howe, Sidey, Mitchell, Elliott will be managed during season especially if we bank early wins which will open up opportunity for Macrae, HH, Allan, Ryan etc
I think Pendles will be pretty keen to get to 400 as quickly as possible though :)

agree with that. We have better/ older depth than in past years, so resting and rotating will revert to being a management tool at our disposal. We had “ just ok” ok depth last year and almost zero the year before, as a result of the 2020 list carnage, so haven’t had the luxury to manage senior players.

Agree with a post just above me except I think we will pace ourselves with murphy.

Sub to be between Hoskin Elliot and lipinski and outside chance one of those misses out and macrae sneaks into the 23.
I’m assuming Schultz is a lock?

Edit this is a round one prediction not a “ whole season” best 22 prediction

I think this will be close to the mark for R1.

I wouldn't be surprised though if decide to go small down back and leave Frampton out, shifting Hosk to the backline and freeing up a spot for Finn.

I am a Kreuger fan, however I think AJ & Reef are marginally ahead at this point. I think the argument for Kreuger comes against Cox.

Players like Howe, Sidey, Mitchell, Elliott will be managed during season especially if we bank early wins which will open up opportunity for Macrae, HH, Allan, Ryan etc
I think Pendles will be pretty keen to get to 400 as quickly as possible though :)
Thats true, but I think we are getting now to the point where we have to make room for fin. Even if you have to move players around.
He should be playing 15+ games this year.
He won't have to wait long. Opening round or round 1 at the latest.

agree with that. We have better/ older depth than in past years, so resting and rotating will revert to being a management tool at our disposal. We had “ just ok” ok depth last year and almost zero the year before, as a result of the 2020 list carnage, so haven’t had the luxury to manage senior players.
Helps when you add Bobby, Mitchell, McStay, Markov, Frampton and 2 promising top 30 picks in the one off season

Helps when you add Bobby, Mitchell, McStay, Markov, Frampton and 2 promising top 30 picks in the one off season
Absolutely.

Adding Shultz and 3 mature age SSPs, plus another year’s development into Begg steene Finn reef carmy and others for the loss of just adams and ginni, further depth this year. Which we might need as our veterans get another year closer to the end.

Last edited:
B MAYNARD HOWE QUAYNOR

HB MARKOV MOORE NOBLE

CTR SIDEBOTTOM CRISP J. DAICOS

HF SCHULTZ McINNES McCREERY

FWD HILL MIHOCEK ELLIOTT

FOLL COX DE GOEY MITCHELL

INT CAMERON N. DAICOS PENDLEBURY HOSKIN-ELLIOTT LIPINSKI (Sub)

EMG MACRAE, JOHNSON, MURPHY

Can't see Murphy being risked.
JFN has been training too well to be left out.
Leaves us short down back but can't see Frampton replacing anyone (though very handy cover).
Reef has been showing more than AJ.
Think Fin will spell Titch regularly through the season but may not make the Round Zero team.
Lipper unlucky and may replace WHE?

Last edited:
Feels kinda weird but it’s nice having Frampton as a backup.
Demonstrated that he can fill a role if need be several times last year.
Was adequate in the ruck, defence and yes up forward (gf played his part).
The ultimate insurance policy.

As Leigh Brown as it gets

Maybe I can suggest round 1?

B Q Howe Maynard
HB Markov Moore Crisp
C Jaicos Pendles Sidebottom
Foll Cameron DeGoey Naicos
HF McCreery Checkers Hill
F Schulz Cox Elliot
IC Lipinski McCrae Mitchell WHE Johnno

Schultz shouldn’t be relevant to the conversation for either of them given the very different roles they play. Reef will be competing with AJ to replace McStay as a tall forward. Fin is competing for a spot in the midfield. Schultz plays as a small forward. He’s directly replacing Ginnivan in our grand final side.
The real question lies in who might make way for Fin if the coaches select him for round 1. WHE could potentially be the unlucky one if they want to utilise Lipinski in that fwd/mid connector role they had him earmarked for last preseason before he was injured (WHE was training as a defender to that point).
Round 1 tends to be a running fest with the fitter team winning: with Murphy not currently involved in match sim, I'm betting on them going shorter in defence:

Out Murphy, Frampton and Ginni
In Reef, Schultz and Finn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back