Position 2024 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury impacted .....coming back from a Hamstring currently ....will play this week, but has missed 4 weeks of the hardest training for the Club
Whoops. Forgot there was a Crows player called Milera as well. Was meaning Wanganeen-Milera, sorry!

Whoops. Forgot there was a Crows player called Milera as well. Was meaning Wanganeen-Milera, sorry!
Looking really good, uninterrupted preseason and looks a touch fitter.

It is hard to get a gauge how important he is to the Saints structure without Sinclair in the team (Sinclair currently has a calf niggle but is expected to play Round 1/2), but in general we look to get the ball in his hands off half back.

If Sincs spends a bit more time in the midfield this year as many expect, NWM should become the main man across half back, which should translate to higher scoring. Also a slight watch on him in regard to Bonner who has come in and looks to be taking some of the kickouts.

Looking really good, uninterrupted preseason and looks a touch fitter.

It is hard to get a gauge how important he is to the Saints structure without Sinclair in the team (Sinclair currently has a calf niggle but is expected to play Round 1/2), but in general we look to get the ball in his hands off half back.

If Sincs spends a bit more time in the midfield this year as many expect, NWM should become the main man across half back, which should translate to higher scoring. Also a slight watch on him in regard to Bonner who has come in and looks to be taking some of the kickouts.
I wouldn't expect Sinclair's role to change at all. It seems more like wishful thinking from some rather than anything from training suggesting a change.

Looking for a value pick in defence outside of Kiddy Coleman. Is Nasiah the answer?

Only thing I don’t really like about him is when you look at his AFL Fantasy scores compared to Super Coach. very rarely does he outscore his fantasy score. Does he butcher it a bit?

Other options around that price worth consideration?

Looking for a value pick in defence outside of Kiddy Coleman. Is Nasiah the answer?

Only thing I don’t really like about him is when you look at his AFL Fantasy scores compared to Super Coach. very rarely does he outscore his fantasy score. Does he butcher it a bit?

Honestly, it looks like the forwards are where (risky) value picks are. I've gone one extra keeper in defence this year as Coleman looks like the only value pick.

Honestly, it looks like the forwards are where (risky) value picks are. I've gone one extra keeper in defence this year as Coleman looks like the only value pick.
I agree, but there is just something about Coleman that is making me avoid him. Can’t put my finger on it, so let’s just call it a gut feel. So, you’re running what 4 premo’s, plus Kiddy, Williams, Coffield, and one other rookie?

I guess it’s a wait and see on what rookies appear.

I’m struggling to find defence rookies that I’d be comfortable fielding, hence the search for a value pick in defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, but there is just something about Coleman that is making me avoid him. Can’t put my finger on it, so let’s just call it a gut feel. So, you’re running what 4 premo’s, plus Kiddy, Williams, Coffield, and one other rookie?

I’m struggling to find defence rookies that I’d be comfortable fielding, hence the search for a value pick in defence.
I have Reid on the beach who has great JS but will probably score terribly and it's an injury risk

NAS doesn't butcher it so much as he turns it over biting off a bit more than he can chew. He's actually a superb kick of the footy, just still learning/developing game awareness. I'd say he'll eventually figure out when to do the miracle kick and when to play it safe, and those turnovers will all but disappear. The supercoach question is when.

I've gone potentially 5 deep at this stage without Williams for security.
Daicos, Stewart, Sicily, Sheezel, Young with Coffield on field.
Coffield the only defender rookie I'd play on field at this stage, but taking a good look at Burgoyne tonight.

In an ideal world, I'd drop Sicily and get another premo midfielder.

I've gone potentially 5 deep at this stage without Williams for security.
Daicos, Stewart, Sicily, Sheezel, Young with Coffield on field.
Coffield the only defender rookie I'd play on field at this stage, but taking a good look at Burgoyne tonight.

In an ideal world, I'd drop Sicily and get another premo midfielder.
So, that forces four mid premo’s?

I like NAS’s numbers, just not last years scoring so much. Thanks for your previous post. I will give him a good watch in your practice match.

I’m still tinkering with structure, but not sure I want to go to four mids. Rookies may force that though if if there are four mid rookies i’m happy to field.

So, that forces four mid premo’s?

I like NAS’s numbers, just not last years scoring so much. Thanks for your previous post. I will give him a good watch in your practice match.

I’m still tinkering with structure, but not sure I want to go to four mids. Rookies may force that though if if there are four mid rookies i’m happy to field.
I don't love it either, but is it that bad?

1709250666017.png

I don't love it either, but is it that bad?

View attachment 1916691
No, not awful at all, good value in Touk and Steele. I have Lazaro up forward, but I don’t currently have Harmes or Billings.

Hustwaite a great option if we can find out a definite return date for Will Day. Reckon he holds his spot until Will returns at least going off track watcher reports, and last weeks trial game.

Weird take? Interesting

I am not saying he isn’t a funny guy. But targeting scoops is a cheap laugh without much comedic value IMO.

I will scroll past in the future, only stopped to ask if it was actually Scoops.
Scoops in this case (I think) meaning like a newspaper man getting the "scoop".

It's a running joke about reporting the news.

Scoops in this case (I think) meaning like a newspaper man getting the "scoop".

It's a running joke about reporting the news.

I like scoops .

But I think people are allowed to have their say if it's done the right way.

I know copped my fair share of feedback not always done the right way.

Read about it.
I love my new gif.
newspaper GIF

If that is the case, my apologies!

Look what FB just suggested for me. I don’t follow his page and never seen his content in my feed.

df2723056ed04cf0796f8b440623588c.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back