Game Day 2024 Round 9 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screen Shot 2024-05-14 at 9.36.24 pm.png

Finished with 2,417 from 21 players, after strategically gobbling a Sweeeet donut, so am stoked I actually went up in rank.

I was faced with a dilemma heading into this week with news filtering through that Sweet would miss Round 9 due to illness. I had also planned this week to bring in Ryan to complete my DEF. Not having R2 cover with my R3 Naismith dropped, I was given the decision to either: trade Naismith to the DPP non-playing player in Livingston, allowing me to swing Jackson from my FWDs into R2, and then be forced to play a rookie onfield up FWD. This option would allow me to bring in Ryan, but it’d mean I miss out on hot rookie Darcy Jones and having no cash in the bank to afford Butters next week like I had planned.

The other was bringing in Livingston via Naismith and upgrading a Roberts to English, which would’ve used up all of my bank, meant I missed out on Ryan and ruining my trading upgrade cadence next week and the plans I had to grab Butters in R10.

The third option was the one I took in order to strategically preserve my team’s upgrade plans, and that meant gobbling the donut from Sweet, which also allowed me to proceed with my original trade plans of downgrading Roberts to Darcy Jones and also upgrading Williams to Ryan. But most importantly, it would preserve my upgrade cadence and allow me to have $140k in the bank to grab Butters next week with two trades. But it meant I would need to rely on others in my team to step up and exceed their projections in order to help cover the donut… well, did they ever!

15 of my players scored tons, with 5 others scoring between 80-90 and Harley Reid my lowest scorer with 59. Best of all, Ryan scored 24 points more than English in comparing to two big sliding doors trade scenarios. It was a big gamble, but it paid off! Incredible effort from the boys!

Best yet, this move will allow me to bring in Butters this coming round and complete my DEF and MID, with R2, F4/F5/F6 left to upgrade. Huzzah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back