Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Midfielders
PlayerClubPositionGames 2023Average 2023PlayerClubPositionGames 2023Average 2023
Marcus BontempelliWBMID23117Ed LangdonMELBMID2372.4
Clayton OliverMELBMID13113.8Callan WardGWSMID2271.9
Jordan DawsonADELMID23113.4Andrew GaffWCEMID2371.7
Zach MerrettESSMID22112.9Jack RossRICHMID1971.6
Errol GuldenSYDMID23112.5Brayden FioriniGCSMID1770.8
Tim TarantoRICHMID23112.4Justin McInerneySYDMID1870.8
Tom GreenGWSMID19110.6Tanner BruhnGEELMID1970.7
Andrew BrayshawFREMMID23110.3Sebastian RossSTKMID1669.9
Rory LairdADELMID22109.2Bailey WilliamsWBMID2369.9
Caleb SerongFREMMID22108.1Dylan ShielESSMID1269
Darcy ParishESSMID18106.9Jason Horne-FrancisPAMID2268
Christian PetraccaMELBMID23106Lachlan ShollADELMID1667.8
Connor RozeePAMID23105.9Hunter ClarkSTKMID1867.8
Adam TreloarWBMID19105.3Jake SoligoADELMID2167.6
Sam DochertyCARLMID20104.5Will BrodieFREMMID567
Josh DunkleyBLMID21104.4Will PhillipsNMMID1666.8
Brad CrouchSTKMID23103.3Zach TuohyGEELMID2066.7
Tom LiberatoreWBMID21103.3Tom SparrowMELBMID2166.6
Stephen ConiglioGWSMID23101.6Xavier DuursmaESSMID1466.3
Noah AndersonGCSMID23100.5George WardlawNMMID865
Jack VineyMELBMID22100Brayden CookADELMID163
Zak ButtersPAMID2399.5Sam DurhamESSMID2263
Tim KellyWCEMID2298.7Henry HustwaiteHAWMID262.5
Josh KellyGWSMID1997.9Angus SheldrickSYDMID762.4
Jack SteeleSTKMID2097.9Travis BoakPAMID1962.2
Luke Davies-UniackeNMMID1497.4Ryan ByrnesSTKMID2062
Lachie NealeBLMID2397Darcy TuckerNMMID1860.8
Adam CerraCARLMID1996.6Oskar BakerWBMID1860.2
Touk MillerGCSMID1396.2Kamdyn McIntoshRICHMID2259.7
Will DayHAWMID2195.3Harry SharpBLMID359.3
Josh DaicosCOLLMID2394.7Hugh GreenwoodNMMID1459.3
Sam WalshCARLMID1594.6Oliver HollandsCARLMID1758.2
Jai NewcombeHAWMID2293.3Reuben GinbeyWCEMID1757.9
Chad WarnerSYDMID2092.7Matthew JohnsonFREMMID1856.7
Will SetterfieldESSMID1092Paddy DowSTKMID1056.7
Matt RowellGCSMID2392Caleb PoulterWBMID956.7
Tom MitchellCOLLMID2391.8Nathan O'DriscollFREMMID1056.5
Mason WoodSTKMID2391.6Will Hoskin-ElliottCOLLMID2055.5
Luke ParkerSYDMID2289.9Brandan ParfittGEELMID955.1
Dom SheedWCEMID1589.6Thomson DowRICHMID455
Matt CrouchADELMID789.3Dylan StephensNMMID1354.9
Hugh McCluggageBLMID2289.3Zak JonesSTKMID454.5
Patrick CrippsCARLMID2188.4Neil ErasmusFREMMID1451.7
Scott PendleburyCOLLMID2288Mitchell KnevittGEELMID851.3
Blake AcresCARLMID2287.8Riley BonnerSTKMID1151.3
Jordan De GoeyCOLLMID1886.8Elijah HollandsCARLMID951.1
Cameron GuthrieGEELMID686.8Callum Ah CheeBLMID950.9
Karl AmonHAWMID2186.8Harry SchoenbergADELMID1150.7
James WorpelHAWMID2386.3Jarryd LyonsBLMID750.6
Bailey ScottNMMID2385.6Jaspa FletcherBLMID1150.3
Callum MillsSYDMID1984.1Sam BerryADELMID449.3
Will AshcroftBLMID1882.9Luke EdwardsWCEMID1447.1
Jack CrispCOLLMID2382.9Cooper HamiltonGWSMID447
Conor NashHAWMID2382Finn MaginnessHAWMID1343
Jacob HopperRICHMID1680.8Campbell ChesserWCEMID1442.5
Patrick DangerfieldGEELMID1879.9Ryan AngwinGWSMID1538.9
Tom AtkinsGEELMID2379.9Jhye ClarkGEELMID136
Tarryn ThomasNMMID1279.3Josh FaheyGWSMID733.7
James RowbottomSYDMID2379.3Matt RobertsSYDMID630.8
Lachie HunterMELBMID2279.2Zane TrewWCEMID430.5
Steele SidebottomCOLLMID1778.8Harry RowstonGWSMID729.4
Ollie WinesPAMID2377.7Jacob WehrGWSMID428.8
Liam ShielsNMMID1677.3Josh SinnPAMID319.7
Willem DrewPAMID2376.9Ethan StanleyFREMMID217.5
Liam HenrySTKMID1676.8Jack CarrollCARLMID113
Ben HobbsESSMID1876.5Zac TaylorADELMID
Harry MorrisonHAWMID1376.5Jaxon BinnsCARLMID
Max HolmesGEELMID2175.9Edward AllanCOLLMID
Dion PrestiaRICHMID2075.9James WillisGEELMID
Finn CallaghanGWSMID1875.8Mitch HardieGEELMID
Jy SimpkinNMMID1875.8Cooper StephensHAWMID
Brandon EllisGCSMID1675.6Hugh JacksonPAMID
Jaeger O'MearaFREMMID2175.4Dominic BedendoWBMID
Josh WardHAWMID1674.9Reece TorrentBLMID
Matthew KennedyCARLMID1474.6Harry DeMattiaCOLLMID
Rory SloaneADELMID2274.5Nic MartinESSMID
George HewettCARLMID1974.1George StevensGEELMID
Jarrod BerryBLMID2273.8Jake RogersGCSMID
James AishFREMMID2073.5Nathan WardiusGWSMID
David SwallowGCSMID2372.4Colby McKercherNMMID
Kane McAuliffeRICHMID
Caiden ClearySYDMID
Indhi KirkSYDMID
Clay HallWCEMID
Ryley SandersWBMID

PLEASE NOTE ....All DPP Players are named in their non Mid Zone

steve buscemi people to kill GIF

That Port early fixture + R13 bye - 8/12 @ Adelaide Oval before bye.
Very tempted by Rozee & Butters, feel Rozee will be low ownership.

Watch on Wines too.
Argument that butters is underpriced due to his start this season playing forward as well. Hopefully we get a few rookies from them with that fixture

Find it hard to pick most of the 110+ guys. Bont/Oliver slow start to preseasons, Merrett potentially with Finmag R1 and gets tagged all the time, Dawsons AF numbers dropped when Crouch rejoined the team, Green has the R3 bye (but Norf/WC before that). Andy will probably be my M1, he struggled earlier in the season with a knee issue. Seeing a bit of Laird, I don't see upside in him. Picking a full priced 30yo in the midfield puts you at risk of picking a potentially regressing player, I'll sit that one out to start. I hate watching Serong because he constantly burns Andy, his numbers also dipped with Young went into the midfield. Don't trust Taranto or Parish.

For the cheaper guys, Walsh is the obvious one with a full preseason but a R2 bye. I can't start that, if he looks as good as most expect then will try jump on R3. Butters should be a tad underpriced but is more an SC player with his score assists/damaging kicks/running bounces. Think hes a fine pick and I'll probably pick him. LDU I'll sit out but he should dominate again, just hate how unreliable his body was in 2023.

I'm currently running Amon and Matt Crouch priced in the 700s. Matt Crouch is in revenge mode after being dropped, he'll be 29 soon so his drop off is coming but I think hes in for a big year. He's changed his gamestyle and played great in the last month, averaged 98 less sub game and a further 9% discount for playing 7 games. Imo he should make 150k by the time its time to flip him at his bye.

Amon currently in limited training due to a knee issue but worth sussing his scoring when he moved to HB, did 110+ there. Training down back atm. If hes not in full training after Christmas then I'd be concerned.

Rookies - Mckertcher and Sanders are almost certainly locks, and im hoping we get some good rookies. If Jeremy Sharp or Binns play R1 I am happy to field them at M8, VFL form suggests they wont have too much problem scoring.

That Port early fixture + R13 bye - 8/12 @ Adelaide Oval before bye.
Very tempted by Rozee & Butters, feel Rozee will be low ownership.

Watch on Wines too.
Hm, that's about as good as it gets for draw.
Already had Butters.
Might now consider JHF $614k mid instead of Mitch Owens $667 Fwd.
Probably average similar.
Will be via Harley Reid DPP.

And just check, StKFC bye is Rd 15 so even better. Might have to squeeze in a few StKilda and Port players for their uninterrupted draw.

Find it hard to pick most of the 110+ guys. Bont/Oliver slow start to preseasons, Merrett potentially with Finmag R1 and gets tagged all the time, Dawsons AF numbers dropped when Crouch rejoined the team, Green has the R3 bye (but Norf/WC before that). Andy will probably be my M1, he struggled earlier in the season with a knee issue. Seeing a bit of Laird, I don't see upside in him. Picking a full priced 30yo in the midfield puts you at risk of picking a potentially regressing player, I'll sit that one out to start. I hate watching Serong because he constantly burns Andy, his numbers also dipped with Young went into the midfield. Don't trust Taranto or Parish.

For the cheaper guys, Walsh is the obvious one with a full preseason but a R2 bye. I can't start that, if he looks as good as most expect then will try jump on R3. Butters should be a tad underpriced but is more an SC player with his score assists/damaging kicks/running bounces. Think hes a fine pick and I'll probably pick him. LDU I'll sit out but he should dominate again, just hate how unreliable his body was in 2023.

I'm currently running Amon and Matt Crouch priced in the 700s. Matt Crouch is in revenge mode after being dropped, he'll be 29 soon so his drop off is coming but I think hes in for a big year. He's changed his gamestyle and played great in the last month, averaged 98 less sub game and a further 9% discount for playing 7 games. Imo he should make 150k by the time its time to flip him at his bye.

Amon currently in limited training due to a knee issue but worth sussing his scoring when he moved to HB, did 110+ there. Training down back atm. If hes not in full training after Christmas then I'd be concerned.

Rookies - Mckertcher and Sanders are almost certainly locks, and im hoping we get some good rookies. If Jeremy Sharp or Binns play R1 I am happy to field them at M8, VFL form suggests they wont have too much problem scoring.
Was Crouch injured at the start of last season? I would expect Adelaide to persist with Rachele and Rankine ahead of Crouch.

Was Crouch injured at the start of last season? I would expect Adelaide to persist with Rachele and Rankine ahead of Crouch.
Nope just wasn't in their game plan till he changed the way he played. Which he did during the sanfl year.
Rachelle / pedlar and rankine won't be full time mid yet. Crouch will be way ahead of them in the cba rotations.

Nope just wasn't in their game plan till he changed the way he played. Which he did during the sanfl year.
Rachelle / pedlar and rankine won't be full time mid yet. Crouch will be way ahead of them in the cba rotations.
do you think he will be a nailed on best 22 player to start? Definitely looks a potential bargain. Only probably need him to last a couple of months.

Hm, that's about as good as it gets for draw.
Already had Butters.
Might now consider JHF $614k mid instead of Mitch Owens $667 Fwd.
Probably average similar.
Will be via Harley Reid DPP.

And just check, StKFC bye is Rd 15 so even better. Might have to squeeze in a few StKilda and Port players for their uninterrupted draw.
I've got Rozee and Butters and four/five Saints (Sinc, NWM, Windy (he’s been in and out), Henry, Michito).

Last edited:

Another option for the 700s (he's at 762k) and one I'm considering is Cam Guthrie, one of the few senior members in that Geelong midfield, one of the few that wont be rested and has a history of tonning up regularly, but he's on the wrong side of 30.

Also I'm pretty bullish on the Duke having a big year, we saw real glimpses in the back end that he can score well. Primed for a super breakout, he's my M4.

Agree on Walsh, can't pick him becuase of the bye.

Another option for the 700s and one I'm considering is Cam Guthrie, one of the few senior members in that Geelong midfield, one of the few that wont be rested and has a history of tonning up regularly
He’s be in and out of mine. Little bit worried about his age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s be in and out of mine. Little bit worried about his age.
Yeah on the wrong side of 30 which is making me iffy. Great player though. I'm much more comfortable punting on your Duke breakout types.

M1-4 for me currently is Bont, Rozee, Butters, Duke and then at M5-6 Henry and Ginbey as my breakout candidates and Sanders and Mckercher at M7-8 which everyone will run.

Was out of favour and going to be delisted. Dominated SANFL though. Only came in when Laird missed a game due to injury and played too well to be dropped. Stayed in the team and earned himself a new contract. Will be in regular CBA rotations unless his form drops.

I'm currently running Amon and Matt Crouch priced in the 700s

Another option for the 700s (he's at 762k) and one I'm considering is Cam Guthrie, one of the few senior members in that Geelong midfield
Like these two a lot.

Didn’t get much right last year but Amon was excellent for me late in the season.

Like these two a lot.

Didn’t get much right last year but Amon was excellent for me late in the season.
Amon moved into the cheapie merchant role at HB towards the end of the year and as that poster said above he’s been training there during pre season, he’s also on my watchlist, provided he stays at HB

Last edited:
Touk Miller feels like a bargain at 868k imo.

Amon moved into the cheapie merchant role at HB towards the end of the year and as that poster said above he’s been training there during pre season, he’s also on my watchlist, provided he stays at HB
After scouting the Hawks board for a bit the Amon HB role change is something that's looking a bit more confirmed based off training reports. He could be my early buy for DPP addition guy, like Lachie Ash was for me this year.

If Ward gets consistent game time and holds that wing position I'd happily pick him too.

we only get 2 trades during the early byes? feel like doing any forced sideways trades would be a complete waste, id be trying to avoid having any
Only best 18 count so ideally we don't have premos out, but I'm fine with sideways if I haven't missed any rookies.
Ones I do have won't be ready to cash in,
But, spud rookie fix ups (Toby Pink in the firing line) will get priority to keep cash gen going.

As you say, avoidance of early bye players might be a decent tactic, and trade into them as they come off their bye.

Only best 18 count so ideally we don't have premos out, but I'm fine with sideways if I haven't missed any rookies.
Ones I do have won't be ready to cash in,
But, spud rookie fix ups (Toby Pink in the firing line) will get priority to keep cash gen going.

As you say, avoidance of early bye players might be a decent tactic, and trade into them as they come off their bye.

But then don’t you miss out on the free hit of having them score well in round 0 and it being implemented in addition to their round 1 score.

If they spud up in round 0, flick them.

If they fire up in round 0, you get a free hit! … until they have a bye!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back