Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
For some Coaches .....you're still at the pointy end of the 2023 season .....others want to start the planning for 2024

Getting your Round 1 side is critical .....get off to a good start, can set you up

Docherty MID ONLY .....will Naicos be MID ONLY as well ?

F115gXtacAAYFOi

I’m gonna go forego a lot of pre season research and just go full vanilla with a POD or two as my starting side and just trade your way to success. It’s the only chance of remotely finishing anywhere high.

FWD line will 100% be the toughest line to pick. Dunks, TT, Rozee and Butters will probably lose FWD DPP as they’ve played little to no time FWD. Gulden will likely hold as he’s played a lot of HF.

One of my must starts will be Dawson/English becuase not having them this season has been mighty annoying.

Steele as well in the mids as he'll be somewhat underpriced

Last edited:
I’m gonna go forego a lot of pre season research and just go full vanilla with a POD or two as my starting side and just trade your way to success. It’s the only chance of remotely finishing anywhere high.

FWD line will 100% be the toughest line to pick. Dunks, TT, Rozee and Butters will probably lose FWD DPP as they’ve played little to no time FWD. Gulden will likely hold as he’s played a lot of HF.

One of my must starts will be Dawson/English becuase not having them this season has been mighty annoying.

I'll still research (I found it fun) but I'm the same. Go vanilla, stay with the pack, get ahead by trading.

I'll still research (I found it fun) but I'm the same. Go vanilla, stay with the pack, get ahead by trading.

Yeah defintiely. Went too POD crazy which cost me.

A lot of breakout options to consider too: particularly in the forwards

Mitichito/NWM (shown a lot this season and can score highly in the future and if the FWD's are limited, Mitchito could be a must pick)

The Hawks young guns too (Ward/Newc/Connor Mac/Nash)

If Ziebell retires and Hall is delisted: Sheezel might be the Daicos of 2024 with the second year factor

Berg could be a starter for sure wherever he goes and spends more time in defence

Trac may get FWD status based on this second half of the year

Bailey Williams and Xerri for cheapish rucks

For some Coaches .....you're still at the pointy end of the 2023 season .....others want to start the planning for 2024

Getting your Round 1 side is critical .....get off to a good start, can set you up

Docherty MID ONLY .....will Naicos be MID ONLY as well ?

F115gXtacAAYFOi

Candidates for DEF in the Top 6-10 right now, IMO, are:

James Sicily
Jack Sinclair
Tom Stewart
Luke Ryan
Caleb Daniel
Lachie Whitfield
Harry Sheezel
Dan Houston
Jayden Short
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera

Naicos and Dawson no chance of retaining Defender status.

Candidates for DEF in the Top 6-10 right now, IMO, are:

James Sicily
Jack Sinclair
Tom Stewart
Luke Ryan
Caleb Daniel
Lachie Whitfield
Harry Sheezel
Dan Houston
Jayden Short
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera

Naicos and Dawson no chance of retaining Defender status.
Short and NWM will be nice D3/4 options. Honsetly impossible to put in a mock team without the new positions and prices haha

How much has the cap increased in recent years? Short has missed some games but NWM has played every game, right? Shouldn't be too hard to guess
We can go off averages I reckon

NWM avg 91 currently
Short a tick under 93 prior to the injury (he'll likely retain DPP too due to the mid time he had)

No way Gulden keeps it. He’s almost exclusively played wing and midfield stints since the very early rounds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward line is going to be so grim 🫤
Feel like we had it relatively easy this year. Backs and forwards are going to be a graveyard next year.

The top 6 forwards were all able to be started with at their price without compromising the rest of your team and were pretty safe bets (aside from Gulden maybe).

Backline was similar, was clear pretty early on who the best were going to be and most started with a bunch of them (The likes of Day and Daicos are still in most top teams).

Likely losing probably the top 2 or 3 from both the backs and forwards is going to be rough.

Does make it more interesting with teams being more unique but also takes a bit of the fun away when all the best players are mid only and there’s no out and out guns to target on the other lines.

Harry Sheezel and George Wardlaw are seen as North Melbourne’s future and both are both leading contenders for this year’s Rising Star.

But a forgotten pick from the 2022 AFL Draft has the talent to potentially surpass the duo at Arden Street, says interim coach Brett Ratten.

Brayden George was touted as a top-10 draft pick before an untimely ACL injury and was instead plucked by the Roos with pick 26.

He only joined main training in late June but Ratten has seen enough to place big raps on the 19-year-old.

“He could be the most talented out of this year’s crop. That’s a big call because Sheezel is playing so well and Wardlaw we know is very, very talented, but Brayden has got some real strong AFL attributes,” Ratten told NMFC Media in a member

Harry Sheezel and George Wardlaw are seen as North Melbourne’s future and both are both leading contenders for this year’s Rising Star.

But a forgotten pick from the 2022 AFL Draft has the talent to potentially surpass the duo at Arden Street, says interim coach Brett Ratten.

Brayden George was touted as a top-10 draft pick before an untimely ACL injury and was instead plucked by the Roos with pick 26.

He only joined main training in late June but Ratten has seen enough to place big raps on the 19-year-old.

“He could be the most talented out of this year’s crop. That’s a big call because Sheezel is playing so well and Wardlaw we know is very, very talented, but Brayden has got some real strong AFL attributes,” Ratten told NMFC Media in a member

George could be a nice starting F6 if he's in North's R1 2024 team, his price was 250k this season and he'll be cheaper considering he missed all of this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back