Position 2024 Fantasy Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly no shortage of rookies. I would like either too little or too many. At least with either of those situations we don't have replica teams.

I have a full board of rookies at the moment (I reckon 13 are certain to play).

Then there are a bunch of others who are a chance such as McInnes, S Green, S Campbell, Madden, Tunstill, Uwland, Borlase (should play), Jamieson, Rawlinson, Khamis, Macrae, Mannagh, Dempsey, Pink, Nyuon and even Warner.

Rookies.png

Last edited:
Certainly no shortage of rookies. I would like either too little or too many. At least with either of those situations we don't have replica teams.

Then there are a bunch of others who are a chance such as McInnes, S Green, S Campbell, Madden, Tunstill, Uwland, Borlase (should play), Jamieson, Rawlinson, Khamis, Macrae, Mannagh, Darcy, Pink, Nyuon and even Warner.

View attachment 1918954

Missed Dempsey who can take Voss' spot, who is a cert to play Round 1 and likely keep his spot.

Good work illustrating it otherwise, very helpful!

Then there are a bunch of others who are a chance such as McInnes, S Green, S Campbell, Madden, Tunstill, Uwland, Borlase (should play), Jamieson, Rawlinson, Khamis, Macrae, Mannagh, Darcy, Pink, Nyuon and even Warner.
I would have thought that you should have room in your salary cap to get English or Roma instead of Grundy...

Anyone got any clue about Fahey's JS? I imagine he's a sub risk?

Very keen to start him. Got a ceiling and could swing him into the backline if he gets DPP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got any clue about Fahey's JS? I imagine he's a sub risk?

Very keen to start him. Got a ceiling and could swing him into the backline if he gets DPP.
After Sanders and McKercher, I rank him as the best natural scorer under $300k. If he's named, he's in my side. Even if he cops an occasional sub he can still go 50-60 points with 65% ToG

So what’s the play with rookies and taking those who now get a headstart vs the ones we had pencilled in.

Eg campbel- a 50 will see him rise 71k to 271k.

Is there a play to pick him over a Clark, Lazaro, Wilson type and bank that boosted price rise then if whoever you leave out looks like you thought and look like a better proposition than him then trade him to them but having made maybe 40k more than they will have?

Is this too cute or is this the gift and strategy we just need to take?

I didn’t see the tigers game or much of 2nd half of giants

What’s the low down in these 2

Campbell- solid score but I’d never heard of him and 2 goals boosts that. What was his role/type of player?
On the surface feels like a trap with 2 goals in that team not sustainable and so that stat line makes me think 40-50 may be a more regular sight (but still considering based on my last post on the best strategy to take here)

McMullen- 47 in a half is brilliant. What role was he playing? Heat map shows a lot of ball up on the wings and stat line looks far more repeatable especially with a soft 2 weeks incoming. What was his actual game like and does the ward injury put him in the 22?

So what’s the play with rookies and taking those who now get a headstart vs the ones we had pencilled in.

Eg campbel- a 50 will see him rise 71k to 271k.

Is there a play to pick him over a Clark, Lazaro, Wilson type and bank that boosted price rise then if whoever you leave out looks like you thought and look like a better proposition than him then trade him to them but having made maybe 40k more than they will have?

Is this too cute or is this the gift and strategy we just need to take?
I reckon that he'll get more than a few games, he's up against Mansell or Maurice Jnr and he's a much better forward than those 2, to me it's just a bonus that he has a low BE, he's an ok bench option but like any small forward will have his crap scoring days

So how many rookie priced players are we starting and how strong are the benches?

I'm going with 5 on field but quite a few 'value' pics that are probably a level under the Butters/Green/Petracca types. My only worry is that in the early rounds of best 18 I'm going to leave a lot of points on the bench. So 4 out of my 5 on field rookies won't score, Howes/McKercher/Sanders/Roberts/Reid with 4 of those dropping off.

My take is that those teams with the stronger uber premo mids will probably score better than my team of misfits over those 4 early byes, then of course it comes down to how many of those ubers miss and how strong the bench replacements are.

I'm struggling a little to get my head around it all, round 2 I only have Zilliams out which gives me a loop of Gibcus into Reid and end up with 6 rookies on field

Round 3 Whitfield gives the same option as Zilliams and Sexton is covered by a Wilson/Lazzaro loop, with 7 rookies on field

Round 5 has become a headache, Daicos is the same as the previous 2, Roberts covered by Windsor, Heeney covered by Lazzaro, Jordon covered by Wilson, Grundy covered by Jackson and a loop of Campbell/Cadman covering Jackson. This round sees 9 rookies on field

Round 6, Gawn covered by Jackson and Jackson covered with a Wilson/Lazzaro loop. 6 rookies on field here.

Probably a bit TL;DR but it sort of helps me writing things down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back