Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 games down and i still haven't figured out my trades.
I am so indecisive this year

I blame the AFL and its stupid scheduling as well as the coaches for putting players like Billings as sub round 0
Right there with you.

Was set on trading Wines all week but the JHF out news had me wanting to keep him for another week to see how he goes.

Couldn’t decide on a trade that I liked before the game last night and didn’t want to panic trade, or not be able reverse trades because of the broken app, so I left it and now I’ve missed Dempsey.

Now I’m leaning towards just trading Wines anyway.

2 games down and i still haven't figured out my trades.

Right there with you.

Was set on trading Wines all week but the JHF out news had me wanting to keep him for another week to see how he goes.

Couldn’t decide on a trade that I liked before the game last night and didn’t want to panic trade, or not be able reverse trades because of the broken app, so I left it and now I’ve missed Dempsey.

Now I’m leaning towards just trading Wines anyway.
Jaiden Popowski - popular stats guru for all things Fantasy ran some stats, and during my brief read it looked as if Wines will still be Wines and JHF being out won't necessarily 'help' his output.

Seriously struggling with both trades too. I have decided I think on Fisher > Billings, but this last trade is impossible.
I have Buderick and I think moving him on is the smart move with his BYE next week, but too who??? 610k and Mass doesn't look all that enticing

Jaiden Popowski - popular stats guru for all things Fantasy ran some stats, and during my brief read it looked as if Wines will still be Wines and JHF being out won't necessarily 'help' his output.

Seriously struggling with both trades too. I have decided I think on Fisher > Billings, but this last trade is impossible.
I have Buderick and I think moving him on is the smart move with his BYE next week, but too who??? 610k and Mass doesn't look all that enticing

I saw that but not entirely sure I buy it. Regardless I think he'll score better against Richmond.

I'm new to Fantasy this year having played a fair bit of Supercoach the last few years and I'm going to ask the most basic bitch questions about a couple of things that seem different and it's doing my head in - have price rises already happened? The rookie pricing seems absolutely all over the shop and I'm not sure what a bargain basement rookie pricing should be. And given the 50 trades on offer, is the basic play in AF to just use 2 trades a week and get quite aggressive with it?

I'm new to Fantasy this year having played a fair bit of Supercoach the last few years and I'm going to ask the most basic bitch questions about a couple of things that seem different and it's doing my head in - have price rises already happened? The rookie pricing seems absolutely all over the shop and I'm not sure what a bargain basement rookie pricing should be. And given the 50 trades on offer, is the basic play in AF to just use 2 trades a week and get quite aggressive with it?

There is zero reason not to make 2 trades a week. You get 2 every week of the season plus an extra trade during the mid-season Byes.

welcome mate.
not sure what supercoach is like but yes the prices of all players change after every round and you get a gauranteed 2 trades every round.
cannot carry over trades if you don't use the week before, they just reset back to two.
in the mid season bye rounds, we get given 3 trades rather than the normal 2.

Thought that might be the case. Gonna enjoy going sideways as much as possible

I'd still try to avoid too much sideways as much as you can, other than maybe these first few rounds, mainly focus on one down one up.

Cool, thanks legends.

If price rises happen every round does that mean you just either go blind on rookies or just cop that you've eaten up a price rise before you bring them in?

I need to move on Gibcus to avoid a donut and I'm annoyingly 1k short of doing him to Hore, so I'm thinking Gibcus to Hore and Fisher to Billings this week.

Cool, thanks legends.

If price rises happen every round does that mean you just either go blind on rookies or just cop that you've eaten up a price rise before you bring them in?

I need to move on Gibcus to avoid a donut and I'm annoyingly 1k short of doing him to Hore, so I'm thinking Gibcus to Hore and Fisher to Billings this week.
Depends on the rookie. If it was a highly touted junior that missed first few rounds you could go early. If it's someone like Draper this week and you're asking "who the * is that guy?" then best to wait and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookies are priced between $200k-$300k. Over the last couple of years, a viable strategy has been to pay up a little for rookies as they have better job security and roles (similar to Supercoach). The first price rises have happened so those players are a little over $300k this week.

As SM said, you have two trades a week so use them. Many of us are struggling with trade options such as Grundy > Xerri and Fisher > Billings but Grundy & Fisher are going to have to outscore Xerri and Fisher to make the same sort of cash so you can afford to be more aggressive than other formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back