List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Binga might get a fair bit more midfield time. Especially at centre bounce and around stoppage. His dynamism is a weapon for us.

me too.
maybe not so much this year, but moving forward
If Jones or Gothard can replace his forward dynamism, then I'd think Binga will get more midfield time. Or he and Bedford share more midfield time.

If Jones or Gothard can replace his forward dynamism, then I'd think Binga will get more midfield time. Or he and Bedford share more midfield time.
It's a lot to expect essentially 2 rookies to be able to replace Daniels, he was playing at an AA level and there's a very real chance neither of those guys are ready to play AFL footy. Do think Brown is someone that is in a pretty good position to take a step forward in his development, finally broke through last year and became a consistent part of the team if he can step forward and become more dangerous i50 that could maybe free up someone else to push higher up the ground.

It's a lot to expect essentially 2 rookies to be able to replace Daniels, he was playing at an AA level and there's a very real chance neither of those guys are ready to play AFL footy. Do think Brown is someone that is in a pretty good position to take a step forward in his development, finally broke through last year and became a consistent part of the team if he can step forward and become more dangerous i50 that could maybe free up someone else to push higher up the ground.
I agree on Brown ... he can be a weapon in the forward line as he positions himself better ... a tough match up up with his height/leap and pace

Binga with his speed in the midfield.
Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

I saw something on Facebook that we have added a 3 time premiership player to our coaching staff.

Any ideas who? Im guessing that Stevie J is he most likely, anyone else it could be?

With Bartel's connection to Geelong and Kingsley to Richmond, there are lots it could be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw something on Facebook that we have added a 3 time premiership player to our coaching staff.

Any ideas who? Im guessing that Stevie J is he most likely, anyone else it could be?

With Bartel's connection to Geelong and Kingsley to Richmond, there are lots it could be
Cameron Mooney in a Key Position advisory role? Mooney Mentors GIANTS

Also a new addition to the strength and conditioning team in Andrew Rondinelli

Cameron Mooney in a Key Position advisory role? Mooney Mentors GIANTS

Also a new addition to the strength and conditioning team in Andrew Rondinelli
interesting choice.
been out of the game in an official capacity a long time.
3 premierships, part of 2 amazing sides, you'd think he'd have something to offer. I must confess though, he was not in my thinking at all!

interesting choice.
been out of the game in an official capacity a long time.
3 premierships, part of 2 amazing sides, you'd think he'd have something to offer. I must confess though, he was not in my thinking at all!
Well, his first premiership should come with an asterisk - 0 stats of any kind & 90% on the bench
also 12 tribunal appearances/mro reports for 14 weeks & a fine (including 5 separate appearances in 2006) I’m sure he & Toby will get on really well🤣

great player when he was on though.

welcome to the club

Well, his first premiership should come with an asterisk - 0 stats of any kind & 90% on the bench
also 12 tribunal appearances/mro reports for 14 weeks & a fine (including 5 separate appearances in 2006) I’m sure he & Toby will get on really well🤣

great player when he was on though.

welcome to the club
His indiscipline was a major reason they missed finals in 2006, it delivered Selwood to the cats.

Very pleasing to see. Hopefully the start of many more to come from this region of Sydney.
He's not that highly rated across the whole draft cohort, and relatively short at 174 cms, so he'll need to show really strong form in the academy series and then get an Allies berth in the midfield to really grab a draft opportunity.

Look at Harvey Thomas, another short midfielder, who had to play off halfback to get an Allies berth despite being quite strong at CTL level. And the past example of Nick Shipley who was highly rated, great stats as an inside mid with some wheels in the Allies team, but couldn't break into our AFL team.

The list of free agents currently available for 2024 - our top 3 retention targets will be Cumming, Perryman and Ward?

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
Isaac Cumming
Nick Haynes
Lachie Keeffe*
Adam Kennedy
Harry Perryman
Callan Ward

The list of free agents currently available for 2024 - our top 3 retention targets will be Cumming, Perryman and Ward?

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
Isaac Cumming
Nick Haynes
Lachie Keeffe*
Adam Kennedy
Harry Perryman
Callan Ward

Cheese and Pez the only two with any concern

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
Isaac Cumming
Nick Haynes
Lachie Keeffe*
Adam Kennedy
Harry Perryman
Callan Ward

Don't think we need to worry overmuch about any of those players.

Are there any players you guys think we could nab from other teams? With Haynes' big contract ending this year we might have some money to throw around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back