Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to say. That recovery would be more or less season over, so in that aspects it would open up a spot. But we wait and see if they decide to do it.
Can't see any positive or logic in NOT putting him on the LTI list if there is a suitable ruck available in the MSD. Begg's not cutting it.

I hope we're talking to Teakle again.

Can't see any positive or logic in NOT putting him on the LTI list if there is a suitable ruck available in the MSD. Begg's not cutting it.

I hope we're talking to Teakle again.
Yeah I'd take a first ruck if we think a competitive one is available, as a competitive tall forward is completely unrealistic in the msd.

With the way our forward depth has disappeared with McStay, Johnson and Kreuger unavailable or no chance at the moment, we need Cox or Cameron to compete up forward. So we need cover for an injury, which preferably doesn't eat into our defence like Frampton would.

Teakle would be a good option if he can play as he'd be ready to go quicker having done a preseason learning our style.

Whilst I agree that Frampton makes sense, I feel like that would be a bit of robbing Peter to pay Paul
It would be, but with the woes of Johnson,Kreuger and McStay we'd have to rejuggle somehow to have an aerial contest up forward and someone who could compete in the ruck. I can't believe how crucial Mason Cox is to us currently.

Whilst I agree that Frampton makes sense, I feel like that would be a bit of robbing Peter to pay Paul
Frampton was relegated to the backline in the seconds after frequent opportunities in the ruck/KPF in WA and SA. His form as a KPD has seen a marked improvement. (Though to be fair CHB is not a difficult position to play.)

Frampton was relegated to the backline in the seconds after frequent opportunities in the ruck/KPF in WA and SA. His form as a KPD has seen a marked improvement. (Though to be fair CHB is not a difficult position to play.)
He held his own in the ruck last year. We would have gone into the year viewing him as a back up ruck as well as defensive depth.

f55189bd97494dd1e6800975e2c6111a.jpg

ec3af70a7ad4af8d837021e1ff0eb546.jpg

4dca469b4deeb556ca1f57e3b4877a48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Put steene on LTI And let him hit the gym .

Msd 2 x picks
Teakle and long/Hutchinson

It would be, but with the woes of Johnson,Kreuger and McStay we'd have to rejuggle somehow to have an aerial contest up forward and someone who could compete in the ruck. I can't believe how crucial Mason Cox is to us currently.
Mason Cox (wearing a glove and with his parents in attendance) is a bloody good player thankfully. Interesting to see how we approach the MSD in light of recent losses

I had been wondering whether Steene might have fractured his toe in the process of the dislocation but as it turns out it's something more serious.

While our overall injury numbers are generally good it often feels like we have an inordinate amount of taller players impacted year on year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dean has been progressing well at VFL so he could likely step up in defence if we had to move Frampton.
I agree, but I would like to see him alongside Frampton & Moore rather than replacing either of them. Obviously, in a perfect world…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back