Injury 2024 Injury Report/Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Tom Mitchell and De Goey come back this week.

Wouldn’t mind if they just plonked DeGoey up full forward for the match if need be.

So is Jamie suffering from blood flow issues to his foot/feet? That’s my Doctor Google assessment, but someone should be able to correct me.
The only thing that comes to my mind is potentially if he has a deep vein thrombosis / blood clot in the foot.
I would have thought it would be a bit unusual for an otherwise healthy, young athlete...but stranger things have happened!

You’d be hoping one of those three get up ( sounds like Mitchell Harrison or DeGoey in that order of likelihood) and then it’s a matter of picking a tall. If none of them get up then surely it’s Allan’s opportunity plus a tall.

Talls…
Dean… we really need forwards but our small forward line is working well, he restores the backline structure that’s held us in good stead for the past 2+ years. He’s my pick.
Kreuger… he’s the man for the job but does he need more match fitness
Johnson… he’s the potential match winner of the three but he seems to be on a specific programme to restore his confidence and work on running patterns…is a return too soon.

Question. Is Parker as a cat B player eligible to play seniors?
Yes, I believe he is. They changed that rule a few years back, and Cat. B rookies are now eligible to play from Rd. 1 onwards (without having to be upgraded). The Football Record/Season Guide still says Cat Bs are only eligible as a long-term injury replacement, but I'm quite sure that is incorrect!

The only thing that comes to my mind is potentially if he has a deep vein thrombosis / blood clot in the foot.
I would have thought it would be a bit unusual for an otherwise healthy, young athlete...but stranger things have happened!
DVT usually occurs when flying.
And, well, Jamie does fly!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s confirmed that Jamie Elliott has deep vein thrombosis from ANZAC Day.

Geezus wept! Our Injury Update videos are starting to run longer than a Netflix telemovie!!!!!

Our injury list series just got picked up for a 3 season run on Amazon Prime.

24 1 hour episodes per season

14 injuries doesn't look great, although if the short term ones remain short term and we can get the next couple of wins as McRae mentioned it has forced them to manage/deload players that they were planning to do anyway.
  • Titch mostly likely needed these couple of weeks off with his foot, and the appendicitis has at least forced him not to prove his fitness lastw eek and play
  • We know Jamie Elliot's history and he would have needed to be managed half way through the year either way, I recall last year he had 2-4 weeks off with a sore shoulder and came back better
  • Degoey always seems to have an issue pop up during the season, so hopefully he gets it right now and is primed at the end of the year
  • Whilst soft tissue injuries are a worry in the 30's, Mihoceck's body would appreciate a couple weeks from how he plays week in week out
  • Howe again not ideal to get a groin issue at his age, but I imagine he also would have needed to be managed this year

While the preference would be to manage players without injury, the injuries have forced us to manage players properly and give others a chance. Last year I don't think we were brave enough managing players - Titch was a good example

I had to see a vascular surgeon recently for a renal arterial stenosis (which thankfully didn't require any treatment).

Just because you can't imagine it doesn't mean a vascular surgeon can't.

I had to see a vascular surgeon recently for a renal arterial stenosis (which thankfully didn't require any treatment).

Just because you can't imagine it doesn't mean a vascular surgeon can't.
Let’s hope a surgeon goes with a little more than their imagination!

Just on the subject, as its foot pain coming from a vascular issue it does narrow down the possible causes quite dramatically.

Let’s hope a surgeon goes with a little more than their imagination!

Just on the subject, as its foot pain coming from a vascular issue it does narrow down the possible causes quite dramatically.
Very treatable & short-term, so pretty good outcome.
So glad it's not a recurrence of his previous back issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back