Strategy 2024 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta laugh. This will take some beating. Gives other journos a decent challenge to try and better it.

N(M)ovember premiers WaynesWorld19 :moustache:

View attachment 1863246
Local boy Theo trying to make a splash as he hits the hits the national footy scene for channel 7 With the PB stats of 38/41.
Sounds impressive until you know it’s only the second year we have ever done 1 k trials 😆

Lairdy a tad slow 🤫 and needs to up his time or cop a fine.

Anyone else lost complete interest in SC next season after the fixture/bye/round 0 announcement s**t show?
While I hate the fixture same as everyone else. I do like that it makes me think of a decent way to play.
Those who can think on there feet will handle it best.
I think going in with 25 mid pricers / premos will be the play. But the sooner we get the rules sc give us the better.

Anyone else lost complete interest in SC next season after the fixture/bye/round 0 announcement s**t show?
It appears more likely with AFL Fantasy that R1 will be ignored and not scored ......I wonder if SuperCoach follows

They have to do something .....otherwise interest will drop

That said, I went SO BAD last year .....anything this year will be a massive improvement

It appears more likely with AFL Fantasy that R1 will be ignored and not scored ......I wonder if SuperCoach follows

They have to do something .....otherwise interest will drop

That said, I went SO BAD last year .....anything this year will be a massive improvement
Do you mean round 0 won't be scored?

Be interesting to see how it works. I need all the help I can get.....

chaos GIF

That's the vibe within the Fantasy Community
Well SC usually opens around 15 December, so they better make their minds up soon.

SC seem to solve every problem with more trades. That and "best 18" rounds seem to be their main two levers. Could be a good chance to have a revamp.

Round 0 not being scored would have the be the worst of a bad bunch of options wouldn't it?

8 teams having double byes absolutely kills them as picks.
Tigers and Pies not super SC relevant but the 6 others sides that will cop 2 byes have some of the bigger SC studs.

Round 0 not being scored would have the be the worst of a bad bunch of options wouldn't it?

8 teams having double byes absolutely kills them as picks.
Tigers and Pies not super SC relevant but the 6 others sides that will cop 2 byes have some of the bigger SC studs.
Yeah can't see how they can ignore it, as everyone will just pick players from the other 10 teams.

Rd. 0 and multiple bye's for those teams is a headache. Who comes up with this sort of nonsense?

the AFL think that playing earlier in NRL heartland will somehow win over some fans.

of course this will never happen - Die hard NRL followers will never cross to AFL (i lived in cockroach territory for 30 years). The only way to get people across to AFL is starting from the grass roots and playing the long game. They should have used AFL-X as a tool where school kids could play on the ready made Rugby fields - but they were too stupid trying to use it to combat Big Bash and other sports short versions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These types of comments are everywhere which is concerning, we're probably looking a drop off of a few 10k.

Don't think it will be that bad, early byes aren't too difficult to deal with, and mid season byes are the same. Just need to get over this R0 hump

What about -

R0 - best 12

Then you get 1 or 2 "free" trades that have to be used that week on players from R0 teams. These "free" trades expire after round 1. Players from the other teams are unlimited trades still.

Best 18 in all the byes. Which is s**t for the weeks when only 2 teams are missing, but they set the precedent last year.

I'm coming around to them introducing extra features like you see in EPL Fantasy for example. The more gameplay they had the better, so much of SC comes down to injury luck. If there are more ways for the coach to determine their fate it mitigates the luck a bit.

What they will probably do is make R0 best 18 then make it unlimited trades for round 1, which will be s**t as we'll all have the same teams in round 1.

What about -

R0 - best 12

Then you get 1 or 2 "free" trades that have to be used that week on players from R0 teams. These "free" trades expire after round 1. Players from the other teams are unlimited trades still.

Best 18 in all the byes. Which is s**t for the weeks when only 2 teams are missing, but they set the precedent last year.

I'm coming around to them introducing extra features like you see in EPL Fantasy for example. The more gameplay they had the better, so much of SC comes down to injury luck. If there are more ways for the coach to determine their fate it mitigates the luck a bit.

What they will probably do is make R0 best 18 then make it unlimited trades for round 1, which will be s**t as we'll all have the same teams in round 1.

i'm thinking best 10 Rd 0 - 8/18 = 44% 10/22 = 45%

not sure about unlimited trades rd 1 though - think you have to stick with your rd 0 selections and waste a trade if you want to move any on.

doesn't mean you need to pick 10 or more players for rd 0 though - you could start with 8 for example, which means you have more playing through the early round byes.

Last edited:
What about -

R0 - best 12

Yeah I'm hoping the solution involves having to start & keep round 0 players, otherwise yeah having round 1 teams only selected from the non round-0 teams will be boring as. I think your solution makes sense

i'm think best 10 Rd 0 - 8/18 = 44% 10/22 = 45%

not sure about unlimited trades rd 1 though - think you have to stick with your rd 0 selections and waste a trade if you want to move any on.

doesn't mean you need to pick 10 or more players for rd 0 though - you could start with 8 for example, which means you have more playing through the early round byes.
Yes, players from the 10 teams that don't play round 0 will be unlimited.

Or are you saying everyone is locked R0? That won't happen surely?

Yes, players from the 10 teams that don't play round 0 will be unlimited.

Or are you saying everyone is locked R0? That won't happen surely?
players from the 10 teams that don't play round 0 will be unlimited

the AFL think that playing earlier in NRL heartland will somehow win over some fans.

of course this will never happen - Die hard NRL followers will never cross to AFL (i lived in cockroach territory for 30 years). The only way to get people across to AFL is starting from the grass roots and playing the long game. They should have used AFL-X as a tool where school kids could play on the ready made Rugby fields - but they were too stupid trying to use it to combat Big Bash and other sports short versions.
Originally I was against the round 0. But they choose all big vic clubs that have a travelling supporter base. Meaning all those games will be sell-out opening weekend. Will make for a good round of footy.

Originally I was against the round 0. But they choose all big vic clubs that have a travelling supporter base. Meaning all those games will be sell-out opening weekend. Will make for a good round of footy.

For me it’s a s**t idea. No reason they couldn’t have just played a few extra games in Melbourne/Adelaide/Perth that weekend and had a regular round 1 just start a week early.

Give every team a week off at rd 6 or something to combat it.

Haven't played SC for years. What are the starting prices for players. I wanna get back into it. Reid will be heaps but should be a straight up starter.

Haven't played SC for years. What are the starting prices for players. I wanna get back into it. Reid will be heaps but should be a straight up starter.
Prices should be released sometime next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back