McVee, May, Rivers
Hunter, Viney, Langdon
McAdam, JVR, Pickett
Fritsch, Petty, ANB
Gawn, Petracca, Oliver
Brayshaw, Chandler, Salem, Sparrow

Emergency: Fullerton, Tholstrup, Woewodin, Spargo
Probably pretty close, but some small changes/observations:
  • Reckon Billings, if fit, plays (or comes close) most weeks. Would have him ahead of Spargo and Woewodin in the pecking order at least.
  • Wouldn't be suprised if Tholstrup plays early on – big body, fit, skilled and has already spent a season playing against seniors in the WAFL.
  • Would love to see at least one of Langdon, Salem, Sparrow, Chandler and to a lesser extent Hunter challenged and potentially displaced from a spot. Hopefully by Howes, Tholstrup, Woey or even Windsor. Some genuine pace and actual kicking skills would be a welcome addition to the squad.
Above side looks good on paper, but besides McAdam, it's basically the same thing we trotted out this year. Would really like to see some changes + youth injected into the team (hopefully leading to some adjustments in how we move the ball).

Probably pretty close, but some small changes/observations:
  • Reckon Billings, if fit, plays (or comes close) most weeks. Would have him ahead of Spargo and Woewodin in the pecking order at least.
  • Wouldn't be suprised if Tholstrup plays early on – big body, fit, skilled and has already spent a season playing against seniors in the WAFL.
  • Would love to see at least one of Langdon, Salem, Sparrow, Chandler and to a lesser extent Hunter challenged and potentially displaced from a spot. Hopefully by Howes, Tholstrup, Woey or even Windsor. Some genuine pace and actual kicking skills would be a welcome addition to the squad.
Above side looks good on paper, but besides McAdam, it's basically the same thing we trotted out this year. Would really like to see some changes + youth injected into the team (hopefully leading to some adjustments in how we move the ball).
All very fair notes and can't disagree with any. I'm concerned about the lack of depth - we don't have a lot of experienced bodies outside this 22.

Really requires 3-4 of Woey, Howes, Laurie, AMW and Disco to progress to the point that they are genuinely pushing those in the team for a place.

First crack at Rd 1 team:

Lever, Tomlinson, Bowey
McVee, May, Rivers
Hunter, Viney, Langdon
McAdam, JVR, Pickett
Fritsch, Petty, ANB
Gawn, Petracca, Oliver
Brayshaw, Chandler, Salem, Sparrow

Emergency: Fullerton, Tholstrup, Woewodin, Spargo

Probably close knowing how conservative we are with selection but I’d like to see Windsor given every chance to play round 1 on a wing. As the season progresses would be nice to see Tholstrup in.

Would prefer Woey to go past Sparrow and Salem for a bench spot too.

Probably close knowing how conservative we are with selection but I’d like to see Windsor given every chance to play round 1 on a wing. As the season progresses would be nice to see Tholstrup in.

Would prefer Woey to go past Sparrow and Salem for a bench spot too.
I came around to Sparrow a little as the season went on. I think with the question marks on Clarry & Brayshaw we need to perservere with him and potentially give him more time in the guts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

da352a1d-6034-4245-9561-372405901427_1.1a9f07897bb8df6bff7fa1b7eaf6d798.jpeg

Still on the Chandler's farm (last I heard anyways), he's doing a real Rocky IV style preseason atm - working on the farm under the guidance of the club.
I assume he's doing on the Drago program.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back