Training 2024 Preseason Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently 15 listed players didn’t run time trial....no idea who but results should be taken with a grain of salt.
Not really if they are running a PB.;):)

But we don’t so finishing position is really all we have. It’s still indicative in some cases - for example Tsatas was dead last in 2022, mid-pack this time. A good sign.

Unless the half that finished behind him ran slower than last year..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was top 5 or so in the TT I think, has had another good off season, he should improve again, he's definitely one who puts the work in

giphy.gif

Last year it was

1st. Mason Redman
2nd. Jake Kelly
3rd. Will Snelling

The year before

1st. Will Snelling
2nd. Archie Perkins
3rd. Dylan Shiel

Never forget; if our forwards are doing well it's because they're beating our defenders. If the defenders are doing well it's because they're beating our forwards. If the midfield is looking good it's because the other half of the midfield is letting them look good.
And if the scratch match is a draw… this ******* club

Best way to take preseason is just as an assessment of how our list stacks up against each other. Because obviously not everyone can really have taken 10 steps forward in one preseason…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise we had so many beaten up bodies still
The season did fall of a cliff for a few reasons. Injuries and beaten up players played a part.

What's with all the GWS training pics?
Ah man as someone who jumped on the giants bandwagon in September (their social media game was elite and I needed some hope that Carlton/Collingwood wouldn't dominate), I'm loving the orange training tops. Really keen to buy one whenever they go on sale lol.

Shiel has the conditioning to get up to scratch from a fitness perspective very quickly. I’m hopeful that he will be a bonus if his injuries are behind him.

Cox and Wanganeen missing pre-season development time concerns me most as all the others should be up and running early in the new year and have hardened bodies already (is Stringer’s a ‘hardened’ body?).

Reid and Jones getting full pre-seasons from here would be ideal.

Shiel has the conditioning to get up to scratch from a fitness perspective very quickly. I’m hopeful that he will be a bonus if his injuries are behind him.

Cox and Wanganeen missing pre-season development time concerns me most as all the others should be up and running early in the new year and have hardened bodies already (is Stringer’s a ‘hardened’ body?).

Reid and Jones getting full pre-seasons from here would be ideal.
Cox is training? He’s on a modified program

Cox is training? He’s on a modified program
From what I’ve read he’s not been on the track so much. With all the development he’s missed already you’d be hoping to see him get close to a full pre-season in. Would be reassuring to hear he’s in full training in the very near future. Not to rush him of course, but simply to know that he’s free enough of his ailments that we can properly develop him. He’s the one player I’d like to see learn more about ‘being a footballer’ and time in rehab is not going to give him that.

Worst case if he can't play til mid year it just gets more mid time into Tsatas, Perkins and Hobbs.

From what I’ve read he’s not been on the track so much. With all the development he’s missed already you’d be hoping to see him get close to a full pre-season in. Would be reassuring to hear he’s in full training in the very near future. Not to rush him of course, but simply to know that he’s free enough of his ailments that we can properly develop him. He’s the one player I’d like to see learn more about ‘being a footballer’ and time in rehab is not going to give him that.

Cox has a strong aerobic background, shouldn't be too hard for him to have his running where it needs to be, his issue has been adding weight and staying fit and playing consistently (aside from year 1). If they're taking the time to build slowly and ensure any injuries are in order then that's the most important thing IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back