Autopsy 2024 Rd 9 Blues hold on in 1 point thriller

Who played well for the Blues in Round 9 vs the Demons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, that's enough.

The next poster who thinks they should have a crack at an individual or a collective reaction to this game is going to find themselves threadbanned. Terms like 'bleaters' or 'shit posters' will see things escalated further.

Let's discuss our views on the match without getting the knives out, please.

Bunch of sooks!

modern family gif lsat GIF

As an abstract thought, I wouldn't mind seeing how Charlie goes in a full game down back, playing the Lever role. He's so good in his few minutes back there it'd be worth a game or 2 to see how he goes as second banana to Weiters.

That is clear evidence to suggest Voss does not understand mindset and the sub-conscious mind which is crucial in elite level sport.

Voss needs to be educated on it ASAP or it’s going to cost us a flag. Again.

What about the mindset to come out and play such team oriented, dominant football against a very good team that is almost at full strength.

Such a great mindset that we had 5 individual goal scorers and kept the other mob to precisely zero in the first quarter after they were sent out by their captain with massive payback ringing in their ears!!!

Not sure but I don’t think the sub conscious mind was telling our boys we aren’t good enough!!!!

Is that the clear evidence you were referring to?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We def deserved to win. We outplayed them.

Voss and the MC have to take responsibility here for how we structure our end games. It is literally this component that allows other teams back in it to give us a scare.

Sometimes the calamity can be with the defenders. Sometimes it can be with the last 20 min strategy by the coaching gameday team.

I'd have Cripps a fair bit higher overall, based on his impact on the club overall . He's been determined to lift our club up to be a genuine contender and has been prepared to do whatever was required to make it happen. That has meant putting the whole club on his back at times.

It was maybe 3 years ago that lethal Leigh was saying that he had a limited future due to way he played. Since then he's won a brownlow, led his team to a prelim and hopefully to the promised land and is playing as well as ever.

There is no recency bias here. My first grand final as a fan was in 1968 and I can genuinely say that I've seen them all.

Patrick Cripps may well end up being one of the most significant on field figures in the history of the Carlton Football Club.
You'd really need to wait until Paddy has retired, that's only fair on the rest. Dom was as good as anyone who ever wore our jumper, and during our most potent modern period. Can't possibly pass Doull for his consistency over 15 years, or Sticks for his decade of absolute leadership. But you know I am on the Crippa bandwagon, just one Premiership and he'll be the ALL TIME greatest Bluebagger. And I'm a Bagger from 1970........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is clear evidence to suggest Voss does not understand mindset and the sub-conscious mind which is crucial in elite level sport.

Voss needs to be educated on it ASAP or it’s going to cost us a flag. Again.
Wow! That sounds like the stuff they were spruiking in Clunes a couple of weeks back, definitely needs an infusion of magics to make sense.....
Just saying

You'd really need to wait until Paddy has retired, that's only fair on the rest. Dom was as good as anyone who ever wore our jumper, and during our most potent modern period. Can't possibly pass Doull for his consistency over 15 years, or Sticks for his decade of absolute leadership. But you know I am on the Crippa bandwagon, just one Premiership and he'll be the ALL TIME greatest Bluebagger. And I'm a Bagger from 1970........
Clearly (to me) Big Nick is the most influential player in the clubs history. Jezza is the most brilliant. Doully is the most offbeat cult hero. Dom best big game player. Loved sticks and braddles.

If Patrick Cripps lifts a premiership cup in his time with us he will be talked about in the same terms as some of those players.

But as you say that will all take shape in the future. But I just love the things that crippa brings to our footy club.

I personally like how charlie is tracking. I've watched since the 70s and for his size, think he is the most talented i've seen. Freak!

No leadership, no real physical presence but an athletic freak that only Ablett Senior compares to talent wise.

Maybe he is missing grit.

Fine.

But life is hard enough as it is, so when my team - who have been garbage for two decades - win by a point against an opposition that used to tear us to shreds I take joy in that. Even if in the last 10 minutes we lost the plot and let them back in the team.

And it’s not like any of us here can’t see that we’re not in great form; that we’re struggling for consistency across a game; that we seem to lose the plot for whole quarters.

It’s not about celebrating mediocrity - that would be celebrating honourable losses (a thing we often did only 2 or 3 years ago), it’s about enjoying the wins, no matter how ugly or tough.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was going to post something similar but you have been more diplomatic and charitable than I would have been.

Been through 20-odd years of crap where we couldn't get within a sniff of the opposition. Of course we're not going perfectly but stuffed if I'm going to be miserable when we are a winning work-in-progress. Enjoy it now, enjoy it a hell of a lot more when we're flogging everyone.

Give me any 4 of the following 5 from our 93-96 era

Kernahan- Key Forward
Silvagni- Key Defender
Koutoufides- Utility
Williams- Inside mid
Bradley- Outside mid
Curnow, if he keeps it up and Judd are special and sits with the above 5.

Cripps is a level down
Walsh close and maybe by career end

Doull, hunter, jezza, jono, nicholls, croswell, ashman in the discussion

2 years ago we lose this game. First half was fantastic. Second half nearly got overrun but didn’t. There were some issues and nervous moments especially in backline in last qtr but there were still so many working together.
After a month of playing top teams and last year’s flag winners we are 2-2. Could very easily have been 4-0 or 0-4. (Won’t include Adelaide as that is a game that should not have been a loss - a waste of an opportunity).
Our best is very good, still have things to work on but I’d much rather find that out now and have the chance/time to work on it than be exposed in Sept.
Sydney will be sure to expose us somewhere , hopefully we can adjust and overcome. Again, another good test.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back