B: Jake Lloyd, Tom McCartin, Harry Cunningham

HB: Nick Blakey, Dane Rampe, Matt Roberts

C: James Jordon, Chad Warner, Errol Gulden

HF: Tom Papley, Hayden McLean, Sam Wicks

FF: Will Hayward, Joel Amartey, Logan McDonald

Foll: Brodie Grundy, Isaac Heeney, James Rowbottom

INTER: Ollie Florent, Angus Sheldrick, Braeden Campbell, Justin McInerney

Sub: Robbie Fox
I think we'll play Melican. But if I were making changes to this suggested lineup, I'd do this:

In: Fox
Out: Roberts (to sub)

It doesn't make sense to play Roberts if we're just putting him at HB. We have enough, better HBs. If he is to play mids alongside Sheldrick, so Heeney can play up forward more, then ok, but we'd have to look at Hayward or Campbell as sub.

Dees won't have a tall fwd line, but I'd want Fox in there, especially if we're not playing Melican (I think we will anyway). I think we could also try Fox in a run with role in the mids, since he's being tried as a run with defensive forward, if we need someone for that, as a bigger body.

Don't like our forward setup. All of McDonald, McLean, and Amartey feels too tall to me. I'd drop Amartey as I think McLean is really good higher-up leading to the wing and pinch hitting in the ruck. McDonald to stay inside 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If selected, it will mean Melican or Hamling have missed out. So he will go into the defensive rotation with Cunningham, Mccartin, rampe, blakey, florent and Lloyd.

Then you've got campbell and Jmac in that rotation too which makes it very defensive heavy. Do they play sole wingman/hf roles which they haven't really done much. It's been wing/halfback with them & occasionally in the middle with Jmac. It would mean 9 players who usually play a defensive role being selected.

Some interesting selection calls, I like it. Personally I would play Fox over Roberts for team balance & Ladhams over Amartey just as a way to limit Gawns influence (I have no faith it'll actually work).

KEEN!

Then you've got campbell and Jmac in that rotation too which makes it very defensive heavy. Do they play sole wingman/hf roles which they haven't really done much. It's been wing/halfback with them & occasionally in the middle with Jmac. It would mean 9 players who usually play a defensive role being selected.
Campbell and JMac don’t need to be part of the defensive rotation. They can be, but there are plenty of other roles where they can do damage.

McInerney was even attending centre bounces in the GWS practice match. I won’t be surprised to see him in there a few times against Melbourne.

I think this should be a comfortable win for us.
Great midfield for the Dees but we can do some damage ourselves around the ground.
I have tipped us by 10 points.

They are not competing against each other for a position
I feel like they are though.

B - Blakey, Rampe, Cunningham
HB - Lloyd, McCartin, Florent
C - Jordon, Heeney, Gulden
HF - Papley, McLean, Fox
F - Wicks, McDonald, Hayward
Foll - Grundy, Rowbottom, Warner

IC - McInerney, Campbell, Amartey/Ladhams, Melican/Roberts

I don't know where else Sheldrick fits in that 22 if not in that rotating mid/resting forward position that Fox would have. Unless we don't play a third tall in the forward line, but Horse hasn't shown any indication of doing that in years.

I feel like they are though.

B - Blakey, Rampe, Cunningham
HB - Lloyd, McCartin, Florent
C - Jordon, Heeney, Gulden
HF - Papley, McLean, Fox
F - Wicks, McDonald, Hayward
Foll - Grundy, Rowbottom, Warner

IC - McInerney, Campbell, Amartey/Ladhams, Melican/Roberts

I don't know where else Sheldrick fits in that 22 if not in that rotating mid/resting forward position that Fox would have. Unless we don't play a third tall in the forward line, but Horse hasn't shown any indication of doing that in years.
A place in the 23 maybe , but i reckon Fox might go on a LEVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back