Trades 2024 Round 9 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I ninja edited too late for you to quote me re: Yeo

Comben/ZWilliams to Jackson is a good trade. Hodor may even miss this week.
I think you should hold Yeo though.
Even if Green misses one, you'll only have to play Handy Garcia for a week (unless carnage strikes and he gets dropped!)

I don't have to play Garcia, he's on the bench. :)

Williams is injured and out now so yeah Williams > Jackson is a no brainer now I reckon.

First roughy for the year.

Yeo probably misses more than 1-2 though and will probably get injured again.

Would you rather play a rookie now for Yeo, or play rookies during the SC finals?

That's what I think it boils down to. I have 22 trades and am holding Yeo for that reason.

Nothing indicates he'll get injured again. Zerrett might go twang next week, then you'll have to roughy Yeo back in!

Each to their own, that's why we love this game. I just can't see you ever finishing your side by taking so many $600k plus players. Hope I'm wrong for ya! We still have 16 rounds to go!

Maybe I should get Oliver this week as he will probably go up $30k with another 100 + score.

Merrett shouldn't really go up much after this week but I want him for his run after that with Richmond and North coming up.

I don't have to play Garcia, he's on the bench. :)

Williams is injured and out now so yeah Williams > Jackson is a no brainer now I reckon.

First roughy for the year.

He's on your bench with the Zerrett trade. But I was talking about holding Yeo.

If you hold Yeo and Green and they both miss, you'll have to play Garcia. No huge drama for a week, and a trade saved.

Would you rather play a rookie now for Yeo, or play rookies during the SC finals?

That's what I think it boils down to. I have 22 trades and am holding Yeo for that reason.

Nothing indicates he'll get injured again. Zerrett might go twang next week, then you'll have to roughy Yeo back in!

Just don't know if I can trust Yeo now mate now he has a groin injury.

He's on your bench with the Zerrett trade. But I was talking about holding Yeo.

If you hold Yeo and Green and they both miss, you'll have to play Garcia. No huge drama for a week, and a trade saved.

Don't think I feel comfortable playing Garcia, will probably drop a 40 on me. :(

Don't think I feel comfortable playing Garcia, will probably drop a 40 on me. :(

I hear you.

You've got 7 other rookies playing, what's another potential 40 for a trade saved? :moustache:

I have Dempsey covering for Green.
Hopefully we'll know more about Green sooner than later, and he doesn't have a fitness test just before the game begins.

Final mid - who would people choose...

Merrett v Butters v Serong v Rowell

All top selections, but now might be the time to look at your BYE structure.
Which would fit in best?

Just don't know if I can trust Yeo now mate now he has a groin injury.

They did say it was minor, but we all know clubs can be full of crap. I'm riding the Yeo train home.

Is Yeo a hold for anyone?

I'm super keen to keep upgrading and not keep doing sideways trades.

Had planned to turn Massimo into Stewart and Roberts into a premo to finish my mids (with a Campbell to Jones downgrade).

But have copped the Libba, Yeo and Green injuries. Libba is a must trade (out indefinately) and Green is a hold but can Yeo be kept?
I love having Yeo as a PODish player in my team...
If he had a rolled ankle, no problems 1-2 weeks out, I can deal with that

But, the groin injury is different and IMO he won't be able to play as he's been playing so far this year, so I'm not going to wait two weeks to find that out

tradeaholic logic is trading out yeo and mass (who cost ~660k) for parish and oliver (who was worth that alone) .. makes complete sense.

1000042175.jpg

35k itb and still havnt saved a trade.

spewing im not going for jones, as i need the cash gen. but i cant see myself holding yeo. its a ship that i cant afford to go down with.

Mulling over going early on HReid.

Roberts/Zwilliams/Reid >
Sinclair/Stewart/Jones

B: LRyan Naicos Houston Sinclair Stewart Clohesy
M: Zerrett Rowell Bont Butters Walsh Miller Green Graham
R: Gawn English
F: Heeney Jacko
Wilson Darcy Comben García

Would look at Clohesy/Graham>Oliver/rook next week and complete the mids.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While experimenting with trading Yeo, I discovered that with my existing bank, I have just enough cash to trade him with 2 rookies to grab 3 premos. Yes. 3 PREMOS! BANG! (Olliepig and Parish ARE premos, so shut up! :moustache: )

1715178594713.png

This leaves only 3 rookies onfield
1 x DEF - Clohesy/Graham
2 x FWD - H.Reid/Wilson/Dempsey

Still have a ton of cash gen with Sweet at R3 and plenty of rookies around $300k.
Only two donuts pending selections, though Z.Reid should play again soon. Finbar Maley may even get a run sometime this year.

Will need to upgrade ZWill, Fyfe, and Powell at some stage too. 6 upgrades total before luxury trades, 20 trades remain.

1715178925146.png

Oh and Judd_Magic , I'll make you proud with my first roughy this year. Nic Martin!

Jarryd Roughead roughy.gif

Last edited:
Oh and Judd_Magic , I'll make you proud with my first roughy this year. Nic Martin!

View attachment 1983365

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

Fair to say last week's trade in of Libba was a bust, he's straight back out. Williams should've gone last week, so he's out too.

Libba and Williams to Parish and Oliver looks tasty.

Green, Rozee and Yeo sit on the pine. I might boost one of them out, maybe for Sinclair or even Moore? Otherwise I'm fielding more rookies than my starting line up. If I was to move one on, which one would you do?

Roberts to Clarry is done.

Can go Williams to Sinclair without using my boost.
Or take the punt on McKercher being a keeper?

Going a bit cold on Jones, I’ve been making bad decisions with this second round of rookies. Draper, Garcia and Rogers all underwhelming.

Not sure?
Two ‘keepers’ for two cows mate.

That’s good trading.
Soldo will play 1-2 games in the SANFL after his layoff .....not like he's a champion player
That’d be an ideal scenario really.

If Sweet can get to $350k+ by the time round 13 hits he’ll be a relatively easy flip to a R12 bye player. Problem being that I’ll be needing to choose from one of those 4 teams for a forward, and the only one that’s performing at the moment is Zorko.

Need to upgrade Williams but have no cash.
Need Darcy Jones but not many great options to trade down.

Have currently down Sam Darcy to Jones and Williams to Wanganeen-Milera.

$56k in the bank for next week.

Desperately want my boy Dylan Moore and still don't have Nic Martin, so will likely be paying up big to get them both in over the next few weeks.

Need to upgrade Williams but have no cash.
Need Darcy Jones but not many great options to trade down.

Have currently down Sam Darcy to Jones and Williams to Wanganeen-Milera.

$56k in the bank for next week.

Desperately want my boy Dylan Moore and still don't have Nic Martin, so will likely be paying up big to get them both in over the next few weeks.
Post your team if you want.

Let’s have a look-see

Fair to say last week's trade in of Libba was a bust, he's straight back out. Williams should've gone last week, so he's out too.

Libba and Williams to Parish and Oliver looks tasty.

Green, Rozee and Yeo sit on the pine. I might boost one of them out, maybe for Sinclair or even Moore? Otherwise I'm fielding more rookies than my starting line up. If I was to move one on, which one would you do?
Probably Yeo.

Treat him like a cash-cow who’s done his job. The injury MAY hamper him for the rest of the year, or, OR, he might come back and continue to dominate.

All three are supposed to be short-termers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back