Injury 2024 St.Kilda Injury information

Remove this Banner Ad

I find the radio silence around Paddy Dow pretty interesting - Does anybody know how he is travelling?
AFL website injury list says 1-2 weeks away, but I haven't heard or seen an update in about a month.
Seems he could be a solid injection with Crouch, Henry & Wood out, if he can get his fitness up.

I find the radio silence around Paddy Dow pretty interesting - Does anybody know how he is travelling?
AFL website injury list says 1-2 weeks away, but I haven't heard or seen an update in about a month.
Seems he could be a solid injection with Crouch, Henry & Wood out, if he can get his fitness up.
Is just about back in full training

Geez we're being boned by injuries again, but it's worth mentioning that only 3 players are out due to soft tissue injuries to the leg.

We have four knee injuries which is a bit concerning but who knows whether any of these were due to training load and conditioning vs unavoidable impact injuries.

I think Dow was impact. Remember hearing about being in a collision and thinking it was an ACL but ended up being bone bruising.

Agree with above reckon he can add a lot to our midfield when he comes in. Windy playing like he did last week and Dow playing at his best completely changes the make up of our midfield.

Agree with above reckon he can add a lot to our midfield when he comes in. Windy playing like he did last week and Dow playing at his best completely changes the make up of our midfield.

Especially when we get Henry back too. All of Dow, Henry and Windy connecting in the midfield could be very exciting.

Last edited:
Is just about back in full training

Good to hear! Think he could add a good bit of poise around the contest, and am excited to see what he can do in this system.
(May also have him sitting in my reserves of an injury ravaged ultimate footy squad)

I think Dow was impact. Remember hearing about being in a collision and thinking it was an ACL but ended up being bone bruising.

Bone bruising is an absolute prick of an injury.

It’s almost 1 step forward 3 back,2 forward,4 back etc every week.

Hard to accurately pin down a time scale

Bone bruising is an absolute prick of an injury.

It’s almost 1 step forward 3 back,2 forward,4 back etc every week.

Hard to accurately pin down a time scale
Can confirm. I got bone bruising once when I forgot to wear a box and got hit square on.

Unfortunately, the swelling died down well before the colour left as well...

Surely we cant expect to win enough games when we consistently have 25-30% of the list out injured.

RTB in his presser during the week suggested we only have 3 out with soft tissue injuries. Thats just a play on words, injuries are injuries excluding Wood & the two suspensions we have 9 out with ligament or tendon injuries.

At some point the club needs to look at why we continue to have so many players unavailable? Something has to be out of kilter with player training loads and methods?

Last edited:
Surely we cant expect to win enough games when we consistently have 25-30% of the list out injured.

RTB in his presser during the week suggested we only have 3 out with soft tissue injuries. Thats just a play on words, injuries are injuries excluding Wood & the two suspensions we have 9 out with ligament or tendon injuries.

At some point the club needs to look at why we continue to have so many players unavailable? Something has to out of kilter with player training loads and methods?
His point was that you can control soft tissue injuries to a degree.

We had 10 on the mid week report.

Henry Clark and Howard are the soft tissues.

Can’t do much about ligament and bone injuries.

Wood collarbone
Van Es Ankle
Crouch Knee
Paton Pec ligaments
Hayes Knee
Dow Knee
Allison knee

Unfortunately those names represent everyone that you want next man up or already in the best side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did he go?

For a bloke who’s missed a helluva lot of footy I thought he went okay.

And despite all his injuries he was certainly happy to throw himself around.

Promising start to his comeback.

For a bloke who’s missed a helluva lot of footy I thought he went okay.

And despite all his injuries he was certainly happy to throw himself around.

Promising start to his comeback.
Taught his brother s few lessons, didnt he haha

Probably a bit much to hope we can get Doogs and Dow into match condition for the Doggies (it's a Thursday) but some decent signs. Crouch's knee seems to be going backwards though?

Crazy to think that Wood could be back before Henry given Henry's injury was late and seemed so innocuous at first; and Wood's was basically an on field high speed car crash. I know they are completely different injuries but the contrast is wild.

Looks like Dow (and maybe Howard) could be lining up for a run at Sandy in their next match!
Sandy next match is in 2 weeks. Otherwise another 2 week wait. Won't help for continuity

Probably a bit much to hope we can get Doogs and Dow into match condition for the Doggies (it's a Thursday) but some decent signs. Crouch's knee seems to be going backwards though?

Crazy to think that Wood could be back before Henry given Henry's injury was late and seemed so innocuous at first; and Wood's was basically an on field high speed car crash. I know they are completely different injuries but the contrast is wild.

i think they tried to play crouch through it. didnt work. he hit his trigger for his contract, so they then sent him in for surgery.

I struggle to recognise the AFL as a truly professional competition when the byes don’t line up for the 1sts and the 2nds. It, at best, delays the return of injured players or, at worst, forces an earlier return to the 1sts than what is optimal for the injury, risking aggravation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back