2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Mykelti Lefau was added to Richmond's list as well today from Richmond VFL.

A good bunch of VFL players picked up over this off-season. Great to see the competition working!
I can tell you he is a favourite down there at Tigerland…they love him. Wait until he lines up someone in the AFL, he is rock hard !!!

There's a podcast called 'VFL Weekly Wrap' on Spotify. I like it,worth a listen.

As they should, he signed to play there for 2024. Therefore taking a player this late in the SSP period means the initial club he signed for were planning to have him be a big part of their 2024 season. But either way theres a chance he'll still play for Box Hill.😂

At least Port Melbourne will pocket some handsome figure for signing Pat Voss before he was invited to train with Freo for a spot which he ultimatley won.
Is it too late to sign a top full forward for Port ? Port had great seasons when they had league leading full forwards (Lisle, Connors, Galea, Rose) but has struggled since being unable to get a major target man. Will it be another year of experimentation up forward ?

Is it too late to sign a top full forward for Port ? Port had great seasons when they had league leading full forwards (Lisle, Connors, Galea, Rose) but has struggled since being unable to get a major target man. Will it be another year of experimentation up forward ?
Never too late. They did sign Billy Gowers who will be good down there though.

Frankston leadership group announced today.

Captain: Trent Mynott
Vice Captains: Joe Lloyd, George Grey
Leadership Group: Tom Murphy, Taine Barlow, Jackson Voss, Noah Gown

How so? All hes just doing is providing a platform for those few who are passionate about second tier footy.

Be thankful there are people like him who share the same common interests. Its a cruel world out there, be kind, it costs nothing.
I for one am glad there are people out there who still see this league as something important. The only time most people talk about the VFL (outside of their developing players) is when they talk about how the league should be folded and hoe nobody cares what happens to the standalones. The fact that there are still people who care enough to give these clubs some attention is something I'm grateful for. This place and a tiny VFL forum with only a few active users are the only spaces for us to discuss this stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SANFL vs VFL State game will be played at Stratarama Stadium (Glenelg Oval) on Saturday April 6 at 12:40pn local (1:10pm Melb Time)

VFL Rewind made a great post on Facebook pointing out some of the shortcomings regarding the state game's execution. If the AFL persists with it after this year I'd rather see it played at a different time in the year so that VFL clubs can draw some extra revenue, or play it in Melbourne and draw in as many Victorian fans as possible while the AFL clubs are away for Gather Round.

VFL Rewind made a great post on Facebook pointing out some of the shortcomings regarding the state game's execution. If the AFL persists with it after this year I'd rather see it played at a different time in the year so that VFL clubs can draw some extra revenue, or play it in Melbourne and draw in as many Victorian fans as possible while the AFL clubs are away for Gather Round.
Yeah, I definitely thought it was silly to have it in Adelaide while the whole AFL is in Adelaide

Any news of any other Praccy matches? I will be heading down to watch Coburg vs Carlton at ICON Park Friday night, both teams will be playing some fringe players and players keen to make the final cut off for list spots.

Haven't named a coach yet
Traditionally its gone to the coach who coached the premiership the previous season. However if that coach isn't coaching in the VFL anymore it goes to the highest placed coach from that same season.

Justin Plapp coached the side in 2017 with Casey finishing runners up given Footscray Premiership coach Ash Hansen was promoted to a senior assistant role.

I can't imagine Josh Drummond having any interest in coaching the state side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back