AFL Player #22: Sam Durham - Pendlebury confesses to soiling himself - 26/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather, that's what I mean. Duursma on either wing depending on what has been asked of either Durham or Martin; if Duz goes back, Duursma takes his wing. If Marto goes inside, Duursma takes his wing.

I'm not comfortable with Duursma on-ball, I don't care whether he wants that or not.
Yeh no chance he’s onball imo
Bloke just needs to worry about being a consistent afl player let alone getting in the mid rotation

Almost the perfect half back for us but he’s been more impressive than my first thoughts on him as a defensive wingman.

Need someone to put there hand up to play HB, maybe he could anyway, he would excel there
Why is he the perfect half back? You keep saying this without explaining why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you say something often enough it makes it true.

So you're saying I shouldn't be skeptical every week when my wife says she's feeling lucky and buys a lotto ticket?

Why is he the perfect half back? You keep saying this without explaining why.

A defensive, accountable mid sized player with an elite tank. Tough, competitive and skills adequate enough to distribute from behind

Some would argue there is as much running at HB now days as a wingmen is required to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s already the perfect winger, we don’t need him to be the perfect half back

The only reason I suggest it is he’s the best option we have that could fill that void.

Obviously with the raw Archie Robert’s a possibility and Luol brought in, the necessity to develop from within is minimised, still think he could play that role well if required

A defensive, accountable mid sized player with an elite tank. Tough, competitive and skills adequate enough to distribute from behind

Some would argue there is as much running at HB now days as a wingmen is required to do

I would argue that isn't what you want from a flanker. He's slowish and whilst his skills are neat they aren't damaging.

You want more attacking players off half back. Players who can damage the opposition.

And no, you don't run as much as a winger as a half back. There's a reason that wingers always top the km list on the tracker when they show it on tv.

Think he just stays on the wing and Duursma competes with Guelfi for that HFF role.

Big Durham fan think he has what it takes to be a very very good wingman
I think Martin goes inside or more mid forward with a double d wing combo of Durham (defensive) and Duursma (attacking) xant wait for his bow and arrow celebrations

Duz is my favourite player right now.
He's doing what he's been taught - envisioning his 2km and verbalising how he wants it to pan out is gold. That kind of projection is what we want from all of them on game day. He sounds so coachable too. As soon as the match sim was lost he wanted to know how it was lost, to fix it.
And now he has the build to support the aggression. Looking forward to it. If Port supporters are to be believed, X lost some of his aggression after the concussion(s?). He might have to step it up if he wants Duz's wing.

I'm mindful too, that Marty has said he wants to play an inside role, so that's interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back