Player Watch #24: Tom Powell - signed thru 2026 - 7th highest ranked player league-wide after 3 rds - avg. 27.7d & 7clearances p/g

Remove this Banner Ad

Jet.

Pity he won't get the plaudits he deserves, given we're getting hammered each week.

Razor sharp footy brain that creates something from nothing at a level very few posess.

Why do you think he wont get the plaudits he deserves?
The blue and white stripes he wears. You’re battling up hill to get the recognition you deserve playing for North at the best of times, let alone when we’re at the bottom of the ladder. I lowkey love it though - feels so good when (if) we prove them all wrong.

The blue and white stripes he wears. You’re battling up hill to get the recognition you deserve playing for North at the best of times, let alone when we’re at the bottom of the ladder. I lowkey love it though - feels so good when (if) we prove them all wrong.
Well i never saw todays game due to being so busy i dont even have time to punish myself watching us play, but what i have seen of tom in the other games i haze zero concerns, you cant teach the touch he has.

Why do you think he wont get the plaudits he deserves?
Given we're getting hammered each week.

It's not a whinge as such, just an observation. He will likely get more recognition once our overall performance as a team improves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve managed to draft Simon Blacks love child with pick 13.

Phillips could turn into Lance Picioane and we’d still be ahead in last years draft.

No chance Phillips lets us down imo, but Powell - yeah he looks great. Such a mature footy head on his shoulders. Maybe theres something to drafting guys who naturally get leather poisoning?

I think Powell is getting some recognition - at least by North people. You wouldn't think too many opposition supporters know who he is yet, but I reckon they will know him in a couple of years. Good on him - he looks a likely type :)
I don’t do SC. But apparently a lot of people have him in their team according to my bro.
So yeah - he’ll be well known on that basis.

Completely hypothetically, if he did want to return, from his efforts so far, you’d be asking for a kings ransom.

You would but I'm racking my brain as to the last highly rated South Australian forcing their way back there.

I can't fathom how he gets some of his handballs to hit a target, and his ability to do it so swiftly is elite.

Improving with each game he plays - he's going to be a star for us.

He just continually looks for the right target to open the game up. Unreal elite hands.

His vision in traffic is something that you would expect from a bloke with 100+ games.

It is actually scary just how far he could rise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back