Delisted #25: Ariel Steinberg

Remove this Banner Ad

His been re-signed twice for three games. Dodoros project that has failed.

The kid has a crack, but is just simply a depth player.

If becomes anymore than a list clogger I'd be shocked. Would prefer shoenmakers.
Delusional pearlers is that way --->

Delusional pearlers is that way --->
That's hardly a delusional pearler, eth. You apply the term far too loosely.

You're entitled to disagree but is he in our best 22? Probably not. Reasonable depth? Absolutely.

I do disagree that it's a failed project yet though.

You're entitled to disagree but is he in our best 22? Probably not. Reasonable depth? Absolutely.

I think it was the use of the Hawthorn player which made it delusional. As we know, anything involving Hawthorn for Eth turns to delusion.

Schoenmakers is a terrible terrible defender. Single handedly lost a VFL Grand Final for Box Hill. He conceded 8 goals to Liam Jones (okay, Jones is a very good VFL forward) and Jack ******* Redpath.
I think it was the use of the Hawthorn player which made it delusional. As we know, anything involving Hawthorn for Eth turns to delusion.
Fair cop, but Schoenmakers is an absolutely terrible footballer.

Watch him closely in the gold coast game...... Terrible.

Got thrown to the wolves on a big stage in a huge mistake by Thompson.

Might have some abilities, but key position defender is something he is miles off

Watch him closely in the gold coast game...... Terrible.

Got thrown to the wolves on a big stage in a huge mistake by Thompson.

Might have some abilities, but key position defender is something he is miles off
That's the problem. He won the VFL BnF as the third tall defender.

No, he won the VFL bnf basically doing what Hooker did all year in the seniors.

He tended to take the number 1 or 2 forward depending on the match up (he didn't get Jones until late for example) and he did really well intercepting opposition kicks.

On VFL standard forwards he is fine but he struggles on the AFL beast who he is too small and/or too slow for.

The only reason that I can see us persisting would be to give him a year to provide some depth.

As Bruno said, he won the VFL bnf playing the role of Gorilla fullback (despite being undersized) AND the intercepting tall defender at the same time.

Given the precariousness of our key defensive stocks i'd be very inclined to keep him around for at least another year

Yeah, he'll never be big enough to be a gorilla defender at the top level. Or at least, he doesn't have enough attributes at that level to cancel out his relative lack of height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the hell is going on here? Hasn't signed a new deal, hasn't been delisted, doesn't look like he'll be upgraded...

I keep thinking he's made the cut but then I have to remember that he hasn't signed a deal yet

What the hell is going on here? Hasn't signed a new deal, hasn't been delisted, doesn't look like he'll be upgraded...

I keep thinking he's made the cut but then I have to remember that he hasn't signed a deal yet

Aylett going to the rookie list is promising for steinberg

Aylett going to the rookie list is promising for steinberg

I don't think it means anything for Steiny either way, but we'll find out by 2pm tomorrow when the first list lodgement happens

My guess is that Steinberg may have got an offer from another club - Probably a spot on a primary list - he's probably tossing up offers. Do know that is Steinberg stays we have effectively one rookie selection - Have Steinberg,delisted Aylett and probably Jake Long. And it's odd on to be a ruck.

I thought rookies could only be on the rookie list for 3 years, hasn't Steinberg been on ours for 3 years?
No

Remove this Banner Ad

Back