Past Tom Bell

Remove this Banner Ad

Kind of the right thing to be doing...developing rookies and realizing some sort of premium on them. It's a buyers market in Queensland, you'd like to think we can do alright here.

Will be very disappointing to see him go, but like others, can't begrudge the move. Has a genuine reason, and always gave 100% for us.

On the bright side, his stocks are at an all time high. Had a great season and will likely improve again next year, and the club can feel quite justified in asking for a second rounder. For the first time in the club's history, it looks like we're going to buy low and sell high. :O

Very interesting that his favourite player is Leppa and is family friends with him. Definitely bodes well.

I wouldn't mind taking their 2016 2nd round pick if he has to go...

Good athlete, has developed as a player and has a big heart. Moving forward his biggest deficiency is his poor kicking and turn overs. If he decides to leave then everyone would wish him the best. Will he get much better? He has done the hard work and Brisbane could reap all of the benefits. We would want a decent trade. Again everyone going on about Aish, just not convinced yet.

FORMER Brisbane Lions captain Jed Adcock will play out the rest of the season despite being told this week by coach Justin Leppitsch that his contract would not be renewed for 2016.

According to Brisbane Lions CEO Greg Swann, the 29-year-old wanted to know his future before the season ended but AFL.com.au understands he was still disappointed at the decision.

Relevance in this thread?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting that his favourite player is Leppa and is family friends with him. Definitely bodes well.

Except Leppitsch is under pressure to keep his job.

Tom is a favourite of mine because he has endeavour and heart. I will be sorry to see him leave but he has the best reason for leaving. Good luck to him and his family.

Does anyone know what is wrong with his dad?
I haven't heard but I was thinking that just maybe he has taken his game to another level this year because he wants his dad to be really proud of him?
That, and maybe footy has given him something to focus on/channel his frustrations into?
Whatever the reason or the problem, I just hope that the club handles the situation a lot better than the pies handled the Beams departure last year.
I would be very disappointed if the club stooped to that level!

back end of 2013 you thought this kid can go far. hasnt replicated and not too fussed to see him go. menzel though is a different story

Meanwhile he is having his best year yet ... :confused:

Love the heart and hard work you've put into the club Tom. Big fan of you regardless of where you play and respect your wishes to be traded home.

Best of luck to him.

Sorry to read this, I really like Tommy, but his Dad is unwell, it's understandable wanting to be close by

Here hoping he stays, played some great footy earlier this year and kicked some ripper goals

Very sad news about Bell's father. Regardless of what he chooses to do, I wish him and his old man all the best.

I've loved watching the way Belly goes about his business.

If he chooses to leave, what are people's thoughts on Bell + a 3rd Round Pick for Aish, considering that we probably won't even activate it in this year's draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back