Past Tom Bell

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, bugger.

If it's only a go home thing I couldn't blame him too much.

Go home factor. We need a COLA.

Genuine reason for Bell to go if his Dad is sick and even then homesickness is a valid reason. Can't really fault him as he had made the most of the talent he has and was one of a few to keep trying no matter how bad we got.

I don't mind this. For the same reason I'm glad that Beams got back to QLD, I wouldn't begrudge Bell going back up if his old man is unwell.
Yeah this.

The other thing is on-field Bell has never really "checked-out". He's given his all and has improved this year.

Would be sad to see him go, but if we wants to be home with his old man then it's understandable. Plus with his form having been pretty decent over the course of the year hopefully we can something decent in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go over to the Brisbane or GC board and it's more "We'll be able to get Bell on the cheap".

Why are all our players supposed to be going for nothing?
Because of our firesale last year, I'm guessing. The club has hardly covered itself in glory these past few years on the player management front...

Go over to the Brisbane or GC board and it's more "We'll be able to get Bell on the cheap".

Why are all our players supposed to be going for nothing?
What do they think that we'll do... crawl over broken glass for a 5th round pick... for a contracted required player?

I beg to differ. They either pony up a good player and their second round pick or we hold on to him.

FORMER Brisbane Lions captain Jed Adcock will play out the rest of the season despite being told this week by coach Justin Leppitsch that his contract would not be renewed for 2016.

According to Brisbane Lions CEO Greg Swann, the 29-year-old wanted to know his future before the season ended but AFL.com.au understands he was still disappointed at the decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back