2k15 season and the clean out...

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would u trade "up and coming players" in Lyons, Grigg or Kerridge for a pick?

If these guys are showing that they can play at the level why would u trade them for a pick? The player we'd pick is no certainy to be able to play at the top level..
I would not trade Kerridge unless got massively overs, as type of utility we need.

Lyons or Grigg I would consider, but only for a decent deal - otherwise prefer to keep.

Why would u trade "up and coming players" in Lyons, Grigg or Kerridge for a pick?

If these guys are showing that they can play at the level why would u trade them for a pick? The player we'd pick is no certainy to be able to play at the top level..

For sure. Kerridge in particular, and injuries aside, will develop into an oh so valuable, dependable, long term, get-the-job-done utility.

Anyone else see that Brisbane have already delisted 7 players? It can clearly happen... That's also before any trade, draft or free agency moves so people saying we cannot move 10 that's not far off.

Glad I've made some sense on this though, was expecting plenty of hate. Cheers everyone

But for every Rockliff there are 19 players who don't make it (based on the statistical average of only 5% of players drafted that late playing 100+ AFL games). Sure, the chance exists that you'll uncover a gem - but the odds against it are prohibitive.

Almost 19/20... Of the 75 players selected following Rockliff that year, 14 remain AFL listed players (that include Sam Jacobs & J.Tippett, who were re-rookied for a 3rd year).

And of the 20 selected prior to Rocky, only 2 remain (so exactly 19/20)

If everything goes our way(I mean everything), our list next year

Brown Talia Lever
Smith Davis Malceski
Ahern Aish Sloane
Lynch Jenkins Cameron
Betts Walker Garlett
Jacobs Dangerfield Crouch.B
Crouch.m Thomson V.B Mackay

Anyone else see that Brisbane have already delisted 7 players? It can clearly happen... That's also before any trade, draft or free agency moves so people saying we cannot move 10 that's not far off.

Glad I've made some sense on this though, was expecting plenty of hate. Cheers everyone

It could also mean aish is coming home :)

If everything goes our way(I mean everything), our list next year

Brown Talia Lever
Smith Davis Malceski
Ahern Aish Sloane
Lynch Jenkins Cameron
Betts Walker Garlett
Jacobs Dangerfield Crouch.B
Crouch.m Thomson V.B Mackay
lol - there won't be 6 changes to the starting 18 - you are living on another planet!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I clearly said if everything goes our way and fine switch Thommo and Aish and McKay and Ahern only 4 changes then still 6 to the 22 though
I guess you have been buying Xlotto all your life & still wondering why you haven't got more than 4 numbers...

If everything goes my way I will have won the Powerball and Miranda Kerr
& Jennifer Hawkins came along for the ride...

Slippery Pete cam'd your whole house!

Last edited:
I'm proposing another thing here, I just seen the thread about Van Berlo apparently saying he's willing to hand over the captaincy for Danger to stay at the club now whether this is true or not I'm still worried about losing Patty at the end of next season when his contract runs out. Now if the free agency changes to 7 years he'll be able to leave without us getting anything except of course compo picks which are great but I personally would rather this...

Give Sloane the captaincy, tell Danger he either signs a 4 or 5 year deal or he'll be put up for trade this season. I'm sure plenty of clubs would give up top end picks for him. Now this is all hypothetical of course but I'd rather trade him in a couple of months and get something great in return rather then lose him for hardly anything after next season.

Before anyone gets on the hate bangwagon on this comment I'll say this, I love Patty as a player and the way he comes across through the media but I'm just saying that maybe a big move like this could benefit the club or we could lose a potential Brownlow medalist. Let's chuck it up for discussion?

Who's saying Aish is home sick?

From my source - he's enjoying his time in Brisbane.

I'm not your source, but where I work and the Lions have a very close business relationship, and I've seen Aish a few times. Seems comfortable and well-liked.

I hope he comes home, but there has to be a good chance he stays to be part of the rebuild with his mates.

Sando on 5AA says there'll be 7, 8 or 9 changes to the list!
Exactly... Having one pick at 60+ is probably reasonable. We might get lucky, we don't risk a lot if it doesn't work out. Having multiple picks at 60+ is a disaster looking for somewhere to happen.
It wouldn't surprise me if we are heavily into trading/free agency this season.

Who's saying Aish is home sick?

From my source - he's enjoying his time in Brisbane.

A case of Big Footy Whispers, someone said "if he is home sick", the next person said "he might be home sick" and then it became "he is home sick".

I was just having a quick look through Carlton's list and came across Cameron Giles, 195cm dashing defender that can play forward. Drafted last year but has had injury issues this year. Doesn't solve any issues short term but I would be investigating.

I'm not your source, but where I work and the Lions have a very close business relationship, and I've seen Aish a few times. Seems comfortable and well-liked.

I hope he comes home, but there has to be a good chance he stays to be part of the rebuild with his mates.

He's a ripping kid but that's unfortunately going to be our downfall. Like most lads from SA extremely loyal.

Here's a quote from a certain A.Aish whilst I enjoyed another chat with him at work - "He's thoroughly enjoying his time over there. As nice as it would be to have him home, I don't see it happening anytime soon.."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back