Preview 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS - MCG, Saturday 9th September, 3:20PM AEST *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 85 86.7%
  • Giants

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems appropriate

All the best to everyone tomorrow, especially all the people (like me) who after over a decade of waiting, are taking their (brainwashed) children to their first St Kilda final. Our five seats will contain three generations of St Kilda supporters.

Just enjoy it everyone, and hopefully it is just the beginning of something very wonderful.

Strength Through Loyalty.
Taking my two girls to their first final too. Plus my eldest's Bomber supporting friend although she'll be wearing Saints colours. I think this could make or break my eldest daughter's commitment. My youngest just loves the Saints because I do. Unfortunately my Mum is in Tassie so we can't watch it with her. Go Saints!

I reckon he's suited to the wet, and I don't mind his disposal at all. He bites off some nice kicks into the corridor pretty often and usually pulls it off well. Not many 50 gamers do it much better.

We're probably not a bad wet weather team overall, though. So not dropping anyone else on that point. Unless Seb's hammy is in doubt, probably Byrnes sub as everyone's saying.

How wet is the game looking btw?

If it's like today, it's absolutely terrible. Wet, strong wind that gusts, feels like the wind is blowing in from Antarctica. I think it suits us more than them, They have lots of highly skilled ball users that will be less of a threat and we are used to having to scrap like seagulls on a chip to make up for our lack of elite insiders. Can't see a lot of pretty clean footy being played.

Tommrow will be the 4th anniversary of Spuds passing.
So there will be a little bit of emotion attached to it

I hope we don't try to use that as motivation again. That seemed to really take the wind out of our sails.

Lyon doesn't carry half fit players either though. Probably fitness as much as form. He's had a tough run at it this year and never looked 100% fit.
Yes he does. Robert Eddy and his broken hand?

As that great footy coach Mark Twain famously once said "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

They might have more size than us but I reckon we've got them covered when it comes to fight, Ross Lyon is an old fashioned street brawler.
If you listen to Kingsly speak, is an unabashed Lyon fan and work ethic, that's exactly what he brought to GWS, hard work and pressure. Leon seemed to coach the group to rely on skill, to outkick and outplay opponents, when that fell away they didn't have to work ethic to fall back on.
Lol on Sen Kane recons we kick 7 goals and king will go goalless 😮
you mustn't of heard Kane call StKilda fans the most precious fans in the AFL this year
Seems appropriate

All the best to everyone tomorrow, especially all the people (like me) who after over a decade of waiting, are taking their (brainwashed) children to their first St Kilda final. Our five seats will contain three generations of St Kilda supporters.

Just enjoy it everyone, and hopefully it is just the beginning of something very wonderful.

Strength Through Loyalty.
1st finals for my 2 boys
and Unfortunately, 1st finals without my dad

remember fondly going out to Waverly and being crammed up against the scoreboard in 96, our 1st final (pre-season cup)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion but I like Kane Cornes. He says outrageous s**t just to stir and people take the bait every time, very entertaining. He doesn't believe half of the s**t he says. Listening to him and Bucks on their SEN show he comes across as quite likeable.

Unpopular opinion but I like Kane Cornes. He says outrageous s**t just to stir and people take the bait every time, very entertaining. He doesn't believe half of the s**t he says. Listening to him and Bucks on their SEN show he comes across as quite likeable.
He gets carried away (for obvious reasons) but his gut instincts on most things are usually correct.

Who does Seb Ross get the job on?

How fit is he? Maybe he goes a loose tag on Coniglio in the middle?

Steele to Green

Crouch does his thing. Ward might come in off the HFF flank to take him on.

This is where RoMa will be huge. Briggs is showing himself to be a better than average centre square ruck but if Marshall can pick up 20+ touches and jag a goal then it will go a long way to a Saints victory.

If it's like today, it's absolutely terrible. Wet, strong wind that gusts, feels like the wind is blowing in from Antarctica. I think it suits us more than them, They have lots of highly skilled ball users that will be less of a threat and we are used to having to scrap like seagulls on a chip to make up for our lack of elite insiders. Can't see a lot of pretty clean footy being played.
That's what the Dees did wrong in their game, playing dry weather footy.

If you listen to Kingsly speak, is an unabashed Lyon fan and work ethic, that's exactly what he brought to GWS, hard work and pressure. Leon seemed to coach the group to rely on skill, to outkick and outplay opponents, when that fell away they didn't have to work ethic to fall back on.

you mustn't of heard Kane call StKilda fans the most precious fans in the AFL this year

1st finals for my 2 boys
and Unfortunately, 1st finals without my dad

remember fondly going out to Waverly and being crammed up against the scoreboard in 96, our 1st final (pre-season cup)
Interesting take but Leon actually took us from a hard-running team to a stoppage team that relied on grunt above skill as he felt that would hold up better in finals …. Kingsley has changed that back to a transitional running game

Those GWS boys flying in will want to go straight back home :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back