Preview 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS - MCG, Saturday 9th September, 3:20PM AEST *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 85 86.7%
  • Giants

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting take but Leon actually took us from a hard-running team to a stoppage team that relied on grunt above skill as he felt that would hold up better in finals …. Kingsley has changed that back to a transitional running game
A real live GWS supporter. That's pretty cool!

So other than the return to a transitional game, what would you say Kingsley has done for the team then this year?
They do seem tougher from the outside.

A real live GWS supporter. That's pretty cool!

So other than the return to a transitional game, what would you say Kingsley has done for the team then this year?
They do seem tougher from the outside.
Back to quicker ball use but with a harder defensive edge …. Bedford and Daniels as well as XOH earlier in the year have great speed which allows half forwards to get right back in defense to add pressure …. Then use their pace to run it forward

I think it would be more of a "do spud proud" motivation

Spud is mainly relevant to older supporters like myself. The current playing group would have had very little interaction with him.

He is only one of many former playing legends of the club that have passed on. Barks, Baldock etc etc....

We need our players to focus on the game, and not bring in distractions, and especially ones that in the past seemed to flatten the mood of the playing group.

I hope we don't try to use that as motivation again. That seemed to really take the wind out of our sails.

Spud is mainly relevant to older supporters like myself. The current playing group would have had very little interaction with him.

He is only one of many former playing legends of the club that have passed on. Barks, Baldock etc etc....

We need our players to focus on the game, and not bring in distractions, and especially ones that in the past seemed to flatten the mood of the playing group.
I don't think we need to get too carried away about it.

An acknowledgment; a little "make Danny proud" moment.

It was a very sad chapter in our club's history however I think four years on we can use it as a bit of motivation without the tears and sadness that can potentially drain players performance.

Honestly, I hope we just leave Spud right out of this one.
If they are not motivated just by playing finals and seeing how far they can go, then there’s no hope.

Yeah, I'm enjoying them rolling the dice on taylor.

He's a gun- but underdone gun's in a final can be worse than a fit plodder
Doing the same with Seb
Hasn’t played much the last 6 to 8 weeks

💯 this.

If it's like today, it's absolutely terrible. Wet, strong wind that gusts, feels like the wind is blowing in from Antarctica. I think it suits us more than them, They have lots of highly skilled ball users that will be less of a threat and we are used to having to scrap like seagulls on a chip to make up for our lack of elite insiders. Can't see a lot of pretty clean footy being played.
This is not a joke.
But….
I was at Sandringham just before noon, and entering Coles was an old (like the bald me) guy.
Grey haired though.
Problem:

his grey haired toupee had come loose and was on sideways.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Champagne moment 🥂🥂🥂

If it's like today, it's absolutely terrible. Wet, strong wind that gusts, feels like the wind is blowing in from Antarctica. I think it suits us more than them, They have lots of highly skilled ball users that will be less of a threat and we are used to having to scrap like seagulls on a chip to make up for our lack of elite insiders. Can't see a lot of pretty clean footy being played.
Tomorrow a lot different, 40% chance of rain <1mm

Itl be fresh only a top of 14 but rain and gale force wind is meant to be gone just before game time tonight, tomorrow only medium chance of a shower in Melbourne most of the rain (if any) is out in the rangers

We’ve absolutely copped the best day of the 3 for our game.

Unpopular opinion but I like Kane Cornes. He says outrageous s**t just to stir and people take the bait every time, very entertaining. He doesn't believe half of the s**t he says. Listening to him and Bucks on their SEN show he comes across as quite likeable.
Yeah he’s just trash. Ignore him and he will go away. Unfortunately that’s hard for people to do.

Back to quicker ball use but with a harder defensive edge …. Bedford and Daniels as well as XOH earlier in the year have great speed which allows half forwards to get right back in defense to add pressure …. Then use their pace to run it forward
Cheers. Yeah, ideal really - to somehow toughen up without wasting the speed and talent u guys have. I won't wish you guys well for tomorrow of course. Hopefully a good game though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimmy is a huge favourite of mine. Tough as nails Tassie boy with a laser focused left boot.

He's at the peak of his career at the moment, if he can towel up Greene then we will be most of the way to winning.
Wilkie will get Greene for sure.

I love Webster's hardness and determination, but I feel he is starting to lose his pace, and is very prone to panic kicks out of the backline which allows repeat entry. Bruest destroyed him and we were a bit lucky Cameron only kicked 2 a few weeks back.

I'd love to have a bit more depth in the small lockdown defender position - especially if we look to move Paton on (and while McLennan is developing).

This is not a joke.
But….
I was at Sandringham just before noon, and entering Coles was an old (like the bald me) guy.
Grey haired though.
Problem:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Champagne moment 🥂🥂🥂
Nice to see Dard down for the game at least!

Yeah, I'm enjoying them rolling the dice on taylor.

He's a gun- but underdone gun's in a final can be worse than a fit plodder
Players miss three weeks with hammy. I don’t think he’s overly under done.

If he’s not actually still injured he’s much better than any plodder

Even Steven May actually played a grand final with a tear in his string.

I love Webster's hardness and determination, but I feel he is starting to lose his pace, and is very prone to panic kicks out of the backline which allows repeat entry. Bruest destroyed him and we were a bit lucky Cameron only kicked 2 a few weeks back.

I'd love to have a bit more depth in the small lockdown defender position - especially if we look to move Paton on (and while McLennan is developing).
I’ll be surprised if Wilkie goes to Greene.

He’s far far far from perfect. But I find myself equally shouting praise and incredulity!

What I love about him is that he is quick to move forward and take the game on. Sometimes when nobody is moving, all you get in Webster blindly moving forward and kicking and Gresham blindly running forward and creating. Both of those things often go wrong, but at least they are trying. I’m not an absolute fan of either but gotta give them that.

This is not a joke.
But….
Grey haired though.
Problem:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Champagne moment 🥂🥂🥂
You could've been a gent and subtly tried to blow it back the right way for him. Might have been a sainter!

Doing the same with Seb
Hasn’t played much the last 6 to 8 weeks
Easier to have a sub for Ross than for a KPD if things go wrong….
I know, I know, I’m clutching at straws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back