VFL 2nd Elimination Final - Collingwood vs Werribee at North Port Oval (Pies into 2nd SF, replay in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
When and Where:
12:10pm this Saturday at the Port Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Broadcast:
TV - Channel 7 LIVE into Victoria from 12pm.

Radio - Streamed live on Collingwood Radio via collingwoodfc.com.au at this portal and through the Collingwood FC smartphone app for iPhone and Android from 12:00pm. Data usage and charges apply, including for Telstra customers.

Internet - LiveChat at collingwoodfc.com.au, full video replay available on Saturday evening/Sunday. Score updates at Nick's Bulletin Board and on Twitter at @VFLPies

Replay:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-09-05/vfl-fw1-pies-v-werribee-1st-quarter

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-09-05/vfl-fw1-pies-v-werribee-2nd-quarter

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-09-05/vfl-fw1-pies-v-werribee-3rd-quarter

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2015-09-05/vfl-fw1-pies-v-werribee-4th-quarter

Getting There:
- Drive to the corner of Williamstown Road and Ingles Street, Port Melbourne. Parking immediately outside and around the ground along Williamstown Road, Ingles Street, Woodruff Street and Bertie Street.

- Take the Route 109 tram (Port Melbourne - Box Hill) to North Port light rail station. Short walk up Raglan Street to the ground.

- Take the Route 235 bus (City - Fisherman's Bend via Williamstown Road) to the Ingles St / Williamstown Road stop right outside the ground.

PTV Journey Planner

Admission:
- Adult: $15
- Concession/Pensioner: $10
- Children 12 & under: free

Team:
B: Toovey Frost Manteit
HB: Goodyear Scharenberg Seedsman
C: Armstrong Karnezis Young
HF: Blair Witts MacAffer
F: Close Still Blair
R: Cox Kennedy Dwyer
Int: Matheson Moloney Viola Gray Hellier Monkhorst J. Williams Greenhough Wallin R. Pendlebury Wallace Taylor Borthwick*

Last Time They Met:
Round 9, 2015 at Victoria Park
Collingwood 18.13.121, def
Werribee 12.7.79

Head to Head:
Played: 13
Collingwood: 6
Werribee: 7

How They Fared Last Week:
Collingwood 10.17.72, def
Port Melbourne 9.10.64

Werribee 8.13.61, def by
Footscray 9.11.65

Finals Eligibility:

- Because the Collingwood AFL and VFL teams are playing on the same weekend, the restrictions relating to the eligibility of AFL listed players to play for Collingwood in this VFL final do not apply.

Trivia:
- This will be the first time Collingwood and Werribee have clashed in a VFL final.

- This will be the fifth time Collingwood has made the finals in the combined nine years it has fielded a team in this hybridised VFL competition (2000 & 2008-2015), with finals appearances in 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014 and now 2015.

- Collingwood have not won a VFL final since the 2nd Semi Final of 2009.

- This will be Collingwood's third successive finals appearance under Dale Tapping's stewardship as coach.

Over to you...

Last edited:

More of the usual jazz as news comes to hand...

While we wait;

I think we will end up playing the Dogs unfortunately, would rather play Werribee though, especially away from their home fortress.

While we wait;

I think we will end up playing the Dogs unfortunately, would rather play Werribee though, especially away from their home fortress.

Hopefully Dogs get up. Boyd to kick a Bag?

While we wait;

Soothing... :D:drunk:

I actually think we'll get Werribee. Think the Dogs will be too strong with superior numbers of AFL listed players, including the 20 year old millionaire...

You can bet I'll be paying attention to that game tomorrow though, barracking like buggery for the draw...:)

Is there any chance of a final at Vic park? Or am I dreaming?

Probably dreaming. There is a small chance, if the club and AFL Victoria could come to an agreement like last year to compensate for the lost gate takings. But all the noise out of the club is that it will be at North Port Oval.

The interesting thing now will be, whether it will be on the Saturday or the Sunday, where it can form the first act of the last double-header of the year (if Channel 7 come to the party and broadcast it)...

Why can't it be played at Vic Park?

Because VFL like to play there Finals at Port Melbourne. Plus they can make money out of it and Easier for TV Coverage at Port Melbourne

If we would have played the big show
Wed beat all three teams at once!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going way earlier than usual, but just putting this here for when the details of our elimination final are officially confirmed. What we DO know however is that we have finished 5th and will likely slip to 6th to play the loser of tomorrow's match between Footscray and Werribee, unless there's a draw, in which case we'll stay in 5th and play Casey.

More of the usual jazz as news comes to hand...

Do we know which finals matches will be televised?

Do we know which finals matches will be televised?

The two elimination finals, in the two traditional timeslots of 12:12pm for the Saturday game and 11:42am for the Sunday game.

I reckon ours is a pretty good bet to be the Sunday game to lead into our AFL match at 3:20pm...

The two elimination finals, in the two traditional timeslots of 12:12pm for the Saturday game and 11:42am for the Sunday game.

I reckon ours is a pretty good bet to be the Sunday game to lead into our AFL match at 3:20pm...

Guess there be lot of Fans turning up late then for the AFL Game Then

I hope it’s Satuday

Guess there be lot of Fans turning up late then for the AFL Game Then

I hope it’s Satuday

Not if they book ahead and work at it.

I did a journey planner on the PTV website for just this contingency last week. Turns out you can get from North Port to the MCG via public transport in 32 minutes. Have to switch trams at Batman Park (I kid you not!), but you can do it in just over half an hour.

People with cars should have a slightly easier time. About a 20 minute drive between venues, traffic permitting. Granted, you have the hassles of getting a park at the 'G and all that, but an hour should be enough time to get between games...

Not if they book ahead and work at it.

I did a journey planner on the PTV website for just this contingency last week. Turns out you can get from North Port to the MCG via public transport in 32 minutes. Have to switch trams at Batman Park (I kid you not!), but you can do it in just over half an hour.

People with cars should have a slightly easier time. About a 20 minute drive between venues, traffic permitting. Granted, you have the hassles of getting a park at the 'G and all that, but an hour should be enough time to get between games...

So what time would VFL Finish?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back