Autopsy 3-0-75: 5 years on.

Remove this Banner Ad

We didn't achieve the targets, but I reckon the direction of the club is most important, to me. I genuinely expect the Tigers to get better this season, and I don't have any of the familiar sense of dread that it's all going to unravel. 3-0-75 has been good for my health.

3-0-75 = 2 fails in that....duds delist

Off memory two posters demanded Gales head for not achieving 3-0-75 when we missed the finals in the third year

Apparently not sacking him was perpetuating our clubs ongoing acceptance of failure

I believe those goals would have been set as the best achievable outcomes if everything fell our way. It allowed the club to invest in the infrastructure to get to those levels (i.e. membership and Football department spend). Unfortunately not everything went our way but still if the target had originally been 2-0-66 we would have been just as excited, and the knockers would still have laughed. lets bear in mind that genius Luke Darcy had said at the time that Richmond would not be competitive in any games for 5 years (let alone challenging for finals).

The club has done us proud.

Apparently not sacking him was perpetuating our clubs ongoing acceptance of failure

I think we've improved enough that we no longer accept failure. Now, we accept mediocrity.

Everyone should still be sacked, because nothing fixes a hole in a boat better than chucking the captain and the crew overboard...

Off memory two posters demanded Gales head for not achieving 3-0-75 when we missed the finals in the third year

I think it is important to throw the toys from the cot and demand everyone's sacking if everything doesn't go to plan.
Particularly if it is a long term strategic plan with many variables; over which you have a varied amount of control.

that original 3-0-75 thread makes for a funny read.
How bout this post:

Typical Norf supporter
Hope you have ya hat ready to eat ya f*ckin muppet
That was a fun read.
My very favourite knowing now what was coming image.jpg In fact this guys whole body of work was gold.

I think it is important to throw the toys from the cot and demand everyone's sacking if everything doesn't go to plan.
Particularly if it is a long term strategic plan with many variables; over which you have a varied amount of control.

Sack everyone immediately and close down the club I say.

We might have nearly 64k members prior to the start of the season, absolutely no debt, and 2 consecutive Top 8 finishes under our belts with a young and improving list, but people are forgetting 2 very very important factors here:

1) We failed in our 3-0-75 plan, because we didn't hit the targets, so all improvement is rendered meaningless (obviously)

2) We recruited Shaun Hampson, so obviously that's the end of the club as we know it.

What more is there to say guys?

#foldRFC2015

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We might have nearly 64k members prior to the start of the season, absolutely no debt, and 2 consecutive Top 8 finishes under our belts with a young and improving list, but people are forgetting 2 very very important factors here:

1) We failed in our 3-0-75 plan, because we didn't hit the targets, so all improvement is rendered meaningless (obviously)

2) We recruited Shaun Hampson, so obviously that's the end of the club as we know it.

#foldRFC2015
Hear, hear!
On the other hand, pick 28:mad:, for Hampson:mad:, I mean seriously!:straining:

that original 3-0-75 thread makes for a funny read.
How bout this post:

Typical Norf supporter
Hope you have ya hat ready to eat ya f*ckin muppet
As much as I hate to say this Technically he was right - we didn't achieve the goals...... in the 5 year time frame.
As I said earlier - I suspect his comments would remain the same had our target for 5 years been 2-0-66, or the 3-0-75 over 6 years (which given a good start to 2015 is very achievable).
he will be eating his hat as Richmond will have 75,000 members very shortly. The jealousy (or fear) of teams that have enjoyed much more success in recent history(i.e. in the last 30 years) than us, who just do not have anywhere near our supporter base. looking at you norf.

#foldRFC2015

I think we should start a petition and get the tiger army to march on Punt Rd demanding answers as to why we missed the targets...its stalled our previous development as a club. Benny should be put on notice ASAP

Let's get something trending on Twitter. I've come up with some suggestions to get us going.

#foldRFC2015 (my personal favourite)
#RFCAreGoingNowhereExceptTheBin
#TheRFCFlowerSniffersAreWrong
#BurnDownTheHampsonHouse
#WeWantWallaceBack
#SpudWasTheOne
#HampsonDimmaGaleAndTheWholeRFCAreSacksOfShit
#TheOnlyGoodThingAboutHampsonIsGaleButNotTheBrendonVariety

Geez I'm getting tired, can somebody step in maybe? :/

Great thread....It 's good to reflect where the club has come from to where it is now. But also to keep a strong vision of where we need to get to and as I said some time ago. A desire to strive for nothing less than perfection in all aspects of the club , especially our onfield performance...GO TIGES !!

They were not "goals". They were "aspirational targets"

We have as many members as the self defined biggest club in Australia....the Hawk situation is an unsustainable passing phenom based on remarkable onfield success and the tassie 10,000 so their current parity with the big clubs is irrelevant. Much of Carlton's support is soft and non matchgoing and even if they were in the G we would still be thousands ahead of them.

If that is not success what is.

Great thread....It 's good to reflect where the club has come from to where it is now. But also to keep a strong vision of where we need to get to and as I said some time ago. A desire to strive for nothing less than perfection in all aspects of the club , especially our onfield performance...GO TIGES !!
5yrs seems like yesterday.

Your not kidding t_o_o.....I still remember how nervous Dimma was giving his first address.
After what transpired beforehand i think we all were nervous TJ.Good sign if the coach is/was nervous.No bullshit.;)

Funny how the knockers are almost entirely norf fans in that old thread. Plenty making the obvious jokes, but anyone who explained in any detail why it was delusional was invariably norf. lololololololol

Whilst I am definitely satisfied with progress to date and youthful quality of our list, I believe a lot of our success can be explained by being relatively stable, relative being the key word. Relative to the other 17 teams. Most have changed coaches once, in some cases twice (Dees, Crows, Saints, Dogs) since Dimma and Gale came to the club in late 2009. Inevitably these clubs will head south before they rise. It's no coincidence that North and us have been steadily rising over 5 years as we have had a settled group on and off field. The risk in this is that once other clubs settle behind their new coach/admin, the quality of our development and progress will be seriously tested. I like what we did at last trade period and draft punting on lots of kids as opposed to recycled types. Believe that will serve us much better over the medium-long term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back