3 beanies, 4 jackets...

Remove this Banner Ad

Byron'sShoulder

Senior List
Jun 29, 2001
and one crazy bloke in a short sleeved archer guernsey i saw in the ponsford stand last night at the soccer!! good to see the roos represented.
for anyone who didn't go, saw it on telly and thought it looked like a lot of rain.... it was! i have never ever been to a footy match with such constant rain. it didn't let up at anyone minute.
unbelievable

Originally posted by Byron'sShoulder
i have never ever been to a footy match with such constant rain

Obviously you wearnt at the North Melbourne vs Essendon game back in '99 when little Jimmy Hird hurt himself again and had a good long sook about it.....hell....everyone near him needed to bring out their umbrellas that night..... :p

To experience rain at the football there is no better place than football park S.A. The rain is so heavy and it pelts in from every direction. We always pack our wet weather gear when we watch the Roos at animal park.

hotham

Did anyone else here go to Kardinia Park in 1980? Now that was farking rain.The Roos scoreless after 1/4 time.The car broke down on the way home.What a **** of a day.
Footy Park has been bad but that day wins the prize

Originally posted by hotham
To experience rain at the football there is no better place than football park S.A. The rain is so heavy and it pelts in from every direction. We always pack our wet weather gear when we watch the Roos at animal park.

hotham

Ha Ha :D

The aluminium seats (when cold) leave an imprint on your arse that stays there for at least a week.

Whilst it didnt rain , the coldest I have been at Moron Park was at the recent Internation Rules game.Geez it was cold that night.

I compare Footy Park with Waverley.....

If it rains you'll get wet.

If it's cold it's friggin freezin'

Car parking is a disaster. (Be prepared to sit in your car and wait and wait and bumper to bumper slowly make your way out.)

What makes it all worthwhile is when either of the local teams lose.

Makes it all worthwhile.:) :)

What about the North vs Ess game in 96 i think. Absolutely bucketed down that day. Then on the way home the corolla got smashed. But it was still a good day cause we still won;)

I went to the State of Origin match in 99.. that really pisssed down that day!! and I remember that 96 game too!! We beat the Dons.. who felt the rain?? :D

If I had a personal fave it would be travelling to SA for a Port Adelaide game. I think it was Easter 97.

I bought one of those frightful plastic ponchos, all the good that did.

We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stinging rain, and big old fat rain. Rain that flew sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Forest Gump

yesss Motlops i fondly rememeber that game as well we sat there front row drenched screamin our hearts out for Spider all day in the rain and watched Boomer get his medal of course. Our clothes were that wet that we swore that next time we would wear bikinis!

oooh but a wetter time was the night we went to Roos training at Waverley a fair few years ago my god we were so stupid it was the most freezing EVA and only about 5 players were training anyway but we sat there the whoooooole time gettin soaked and boy was it the longest trainin i'd ever been too!

Originally posted by blueworms
What about the North vs Ess game in 96 i think. Absolutely bucketed down that day. Then on the way home the corolla got smashed. But it was still a good day cause we still won;)

I remember that game, too. My brother and and couple of his mates and me travelled 5 hours for it, lefet home at about 4 in the morning, got a flat tire near Wagga and it rained the entire trip down and all day at the game.

And I still say, for the conditions it was played in, it was the most skillful and high quality game, from both sides, I think i've been to see live. (Beating the Bummers by a couple of goals helped, too)
Glenn Archer had a blinder that day, remember him kicking a couple in the last quarter from almost 50m with a wet ball that ended up being the difference in the end, plus Carey taking some trademark marks running with the flight of the ball that no other humans would have had a hope of taking, especially in the wet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back