AFL Player #30: Nate Caddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait so he can actually play midfield as opposed to us making him play there?
Looking at his highlights I’d rather just sit him at full forward than go down that path.

Would be interesting to see how he would test athletically in comparison to other 'undersized' key talls like Curnow, Darling, Fogarty, Walker etc, even Walter and Logan Morris to establish a bit of a baseline for his age group.

Certainly passes the eye test in that he has the combination of robust strength and mobility that allow the above to be successful despite being on the shorter side.

Walter is obviously the better prospect and I know he didn't test at the combine but if Caddy can jump higher and reach further, is Walter the one that's more undersized despite being 1cm taller?

He’s defs not a midfielder full time, or least not drafted as that. But can absolutely pinch hit Stringer style.
I think he said he had never played there (midfield) until this year when they were interviewing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they have standing reach measurement at the combine because height obviously means nothing other than being a reasonable proxy for reach
They do wingspan as part of the anthropometrics during the medical I think. Standing vertical leap and running vertical leap are at the combine.

They do wingspan as part of the anthropometrics during the medical I think. Standing vertical leap and running vertical leap are at the combine.
Is there a way to find players combine results? or is that not available to us? All i can find is he was 10th in agility which is impressive!

Is there a way to find players combine results? or is that not available to us? All i can find is he was 10th in agility which is impressive!
Only top five in each category are published on the AFL website. There’s a random website that has historic lists as well, going back about 15 years. Occasionally someone mentions it in an interview too

Just give me a recruit with a football brain. Too many athletes, it's been the way for too long.
It's called KISS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back