Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

So you think that's how clubs do it? Front load contracts? I would have thought it would be easier to just pay everyone a certain amount at the end of the year, if say you had like $1m left over.
Def front or back end contracts, its how teams have their window...
While the team is s**t and/or up and coming, front end the s**t out of what stars you have.
And when they are at the back end of deals (the cheap end) you back end deals to you top draft picks/diamonds in the rough you find

It'll be T Bell v Paddy when we play them next year.. And T Bell will mouth off through every second of that match with his usual s**t stirring grin.

It'll actually be tbell v lobbe with Ryder backing lobbe up. I'm sure belch won't let paddy forget thatw

"I'm a big family man and it's always in my mind wanting to go home and be with my family, but I made the right decision for my family in Melbourne - my daughter, my partner and also myself," Ryder told the AFL's website.
"I see that the Essendon Football Club is the place for me to be to get the most out of myself. I love this place and everyone that's involved in this footy club.

"I've got great mates here and I really look up to the coaches. Living in Melbourne isn't too bad. I'd prefer to probably be closer to my family, but I really love this place dearly."

Oh paddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to laugh at the argument that he's turning 27 in March, so that somehow diminishes his value. Ah do they realise that he is entering his prime and those 4 years are in Ports premiership window? Would they rather pay more for a 22 year old Ryder that wont take them closer to a flag?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-03/dons-reject-port-offer

Yep. Im sure Port are not the only club interested in Paddy's services.

Was it Nick Stevens Port refused to trade to Collingwood that time and ended up in navy blue?

How much was a 'Port Adelaide game' worth 2 years ago?
tarp-blue-large.jpg

Questions to the lawyers. I was talking to a mate who is at uni studying law, and he said it would be impossible for Ryder to get out of his contract via the duty of care provision as the EFC could argue that the WADA code states that the athlete is responsible for what goes into his body. therefore he can hardly say that Essendon is at fault??? Is this accurate or should I tell him to get back to studying??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back