Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game from Paddy, you can almost see him believing in himself and playing the part of a senior player.

Do we thank Matthew Knights for playing him in the ruck on Anzac Day? o_O

One massively underrated benefit of having him in the ruck is all the 1%s he offers. Put on a couple of really important shephards last night, which stood out because no one else in the midfield seems to know what one is!

It's the old double edge sword.

His work off the ball is as good as anyone's but he is probably in our top 3 or 4 decision makers and users of the ball.

Still can't help but want him winning the ball and kicking it rather than enabling someone else to do it.

Just keeps playing really well week to week and I'm sure we'll still hear all the dolty "experts" say how he doesn't do enough.
He's arguably one of the most talented players on the list. Consequently its easy to want him to perform at level consistently higher then he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Challenge anyone to pick a better all round ruck men than Paddy this year?

Yeah, Goldstein might get more hitouts, Minson might have more tackles, Lobbe might do x better.

Paddy does all of this almost as well, if not better than most and I would pick him over (almost) any other ruck men in the comp.

Just quietly, if he keeps his current form up, he's a smokey for the Crichton. I feel like the coaches would be giving him votes most weeks.

Yeah, Goldstein might get more hitouts, Minson might have more tackles, Lobbe might do x better.

Paddy does all of this almost as well, if not better than most and I would pick him over (almost) any other ruck men in the comp.
Athletic freak. imo the most talented (in regards to raw footballing ability) player on our list.

probably tom bellchambers

Sauce Jacobs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back