Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

He was 50/50 before the game.

Which makes it even more baffling that Bellchambers didn't play. Ah well, we won.

Was Bellchambers not held over before the game? NN was underdone as well, Lycett was never going to play in the ruck, and Cox did what he did.

Was Bellchambers not held over before the game? NN was underdone as well, Lycett was never going to play in the ruck, and Cox did what he did.
Bellchambers was held over. Should have played the past 2 weeks

Bomber won't play Ryder / TBC / JD. Not sure you can.
When we do play all 3 our attack averages 84.5 points. Our season average is 81.5. So playing the three of them makes us a 1 goal better side offensively.

When we do play all 3 our attack averages 84.5 points. Our season average is 81.5. So playing the three of them makes us a 1 goal better side offensively.
How many times have we played all three? I'd say it's a small sample size.

Thanks for that. Well the points we gain are cancelled out by the points we concede. With the form Beachcomber has had this year, I would not play he, Ryder and Daniher in the same team either.
I would however contend that our defence would be able to overcome that better than our attack.

Lloydy said he had him just outside his AA team. While his rolling AA has a limited perspective of the season IMO, he's probably not that far off all things considered. Not much competition in the ruck stocks among the AFL atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloydy said he had him just outside his AA team. While his rolling AA has a limited perspective of the season IMO, he's probably not that far off all things considered. Not much competition in the ruck stocks among the AFL atm.

I wonder if they have some sort of 'rolling' selection policy ala Lloyd. It definitely makes more sense than someone having a standout 6 weeks just before voting commences and then getting in on that relatively small patch of form.

Does anyone have any information on what is wrong with Ryder? That is, what injury made him doubtful for the WC game. Training report on BB said he only trained mainly indoors last Tues.
He is vitally important to the remainder of our season.
I wonder is it an wear and tear injury or something he will recover from?

Does big beachcomber have some embarrassing photos of you or something? His price to keep it quiet: Constant shilling for his position on bigfooty?
That would require me tone in a compromising position :(

That's too simplified, We played Sydney and got smashed, dominated an out of form Richmond, nearly lost to GWS, did lose to Melbourne and actually played pretty well against an in-form Adelaide. We functioned properly in 2 out 5 games. False reading considering our opponents, we should have scored significantly more in Melbourne/GWS games.

That's too simplified, We played Sydney and got smashed, dominated an out of form Richmond, nearly lost to GWS, did lose to Melbourne and actually played pretty well against an in-form Adelaide. We functioned properly in 2 out 5 games. False reading considering our opponents, we should have scored significantly more in Melbourne/GWS games.
That further proves the point if anything, we only played well in 40% of the sample size yet it still increases our offense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back