Player Watch 32 Travis Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
638610-f225278c-765b-11e3-ad16-5b01da53a32e.jpg

All we need is to get Mick on board and we're a certainty for next year...

don't be so hard on yourself... i think you make some good points every so often

I wish I could say the same for you.

I would be happy to take you seriously if you ever tried to stop hiding behind your "humour".

I don't know the inner sanctum and if there are issues we don't know about (fallout, already agreed to change clubs etc) but from the outside, I think that that the way the game is played now you can't just average 2 goals a game to be considered best 22. If you don't chase, tackle and pressure you are a liability because slingshot football will cost goals the other way. This is the deal breaker with Cloke this year. Yes we kick to him with 3 opponents on him and give him terrible delivery.We do it with Darcy too. The difference is when Darcy doesn't get the ball, he is manic to get it back and at least stifles rebound. Cloke isn't and I think that this year it can't be excused because he hasn't been anywhere near dominant offensively (GWS excluded)

Thanks for the measured response J84.

Not sure about the manic Moore part without the ball but the thing that sticks in my mind is that GWS game and a vintage Cloke performance........did he pick and choose that game I am not sure.

What I do know is that ability is not lost..........did Cloke ever chase and tackle defenders? I stand corrected if he did but I don't remember that.

If White is our replacement for Cloke in 2017 then..............well I don't know what to say.

TBH looking forward to the big gallops last games for the Pies in the VFL. I am only going to the seniors next week because I promised my boy for his birthday.

This year has been a major disappointment for me anyway.

Go Tapping.

Last edited:
Thanks for the measured response J84.

Not sure about the manic Moore part without the ball part but the thing that sticks in my mind is that GWS game and a vintage Cloke performance........did he pick and choose that game I am not sure.

What I do know is that ability is not lost..........did Cloke ever chase and tackle defenders? I stand corrected if he did but I don't remember that.

If White is our replacement for Cloke in 2017 then..............well I don't know what to say.

TBH looking forward to the big gallops last games for the Pies in the VFL. I am only going to the seniors next week because I promised my boy for his birthday.

This year has been a major disappointment for me anyway.

Go Tapping.
I don't think Cloke ever chased and tackled that hard. Had a knack for throwing his arms up and looking at the umps though. For what it's worth though, Cloke has been hard done by with delivery and getting mauled without a free.

Unfortunately with the modern game you can no longer make one attempt and appeal hoping for a free if it doesn't go your way while one of your 3 opponents clears the ball.

As mentioned before, you may know about what really went on but from an onlooker, I think this is why they have given up on him.

I doubt you can say White is THE replacement. Cox might be. Or maybe no replacement at all. We could go with only two talls and crash & bash from med fwds.
Let's see whether he has a good game tomorrow. If he wants to make claims to come back in the team, he needs a GWS like performance I am afraid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be wrong but I think Sav is 14th on the all time goal kicking list
Peter McKenna was an elite full forward. Super star absolutely.
In the pantheon of all time great full forwards.

Sav was a very good full forward, but as much as I liked him, no star. Just very good.
It could be argued, and I would be in this group, that Travis Cloke overall was a better player than the big Sav.

I doubt you can say White is THE replacement. Cox might be. Or maybe no replacement at all. We could go with only two talls and crash & bash from med fwds.
Let's see whether he has a good game tomorrow. If he wants to make claims to come back in the team, he needs a GWS like performance I am afraid.
And Travis could watch Tyson Goldsacks effort tonight,
You don't have to be best but gee Goldsack put himself on the line.

Tomorrow means nothing PicaBoo.......I know you don't rate him and fair enough.......he is a gonna IMO.

We will not win a Premoership with White in our team that I am certain of..........said that same thing about Leon.

I know we only just lost tonight but without a key centre half forward like "Cloke" I am afraid we are a long way off.........just like the Doggies.

Just my opinion.

Tomorrow means nothing PicaBoo.......I know you don't rate him and fair enough.......he is a gonna IMO.

We will not win a Premoership with White in our team that I am certain of..........said that same thing about Leon.

I know we only just lost tonight but without a key centre half forward like "Cloke" I am afraid we are a long way off.........just like the Doggies.

Just my opinion.
Very true, but Cloke is not the key CHF we lack. He almost was, once upon a time, but that form has long deserted him. Moore, on the other had, is the future.

Just my opinion.
Don't give me that. If he wants some credits in the bank, he must play out of his skin tomorrow. He is playing for his career, maybe not with us though.
And it will bring the VFL closer to success too.
White won't bring us GF success, don't get me wrong. Different then Cloke and perhaps different enough to survive this years cull. White would be happy to hang on for 1 yr. And maybe a yr after that.
What contract term do you think Cloke would demand?

If Cloke is unmotivated then a good coach would find ways to motivate him, Buckley has not done that because he thinks players should be able to motivate themselves. This is one of the reasons he is failing as a coach and he has failed Cloke.

Please don't take any offense but.....
images

How about instead of being a smart arse you actually put up a better argument or explain why mine is so wrong? Or do you not actually have an answer?
I was having abit of fun,when people post shite, sometimes i prefer to jest abit rather then getting into a massive debate. Your entitled to your opinion, but from my point of view, it seems either extremely uneducated,or your just another,"everything is buckleys fault" poster. If you followed our club at all over last few yrs, you'd know bucks has done everything to help and back up cloke. To blame bucks for clokes form is utterly ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back