AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

his clearance work in close was excellent, and already is one of those players you just want other players to just kick the ball to as he is really good in the air and equally as good at ground level, will be a very tough player to match up on.
Laverde on a big ground could be very dangerous up forward.

Bring him in!

his clearance work in close was excellent, and already is one of those players you just want other players to just kick the ball to as he is really good in the air and equally as good at ground level, will be a very tough player to match up on.
Laverde on a big ground could be very dangerous up forward.

Bring him in!

Wish he was playing 1s this week. Surely would produce more than Milky/Gleeson/Chappy.

If he's not getting a game this week, unfortunately I don't see him playing at all this year.
I would bet my house that he'll debut at some stage this year. It'll be in victoria so he can bring in the whole italian community, and his champion haircut.

I would bet my house that he'll debut at some stage this year. It'll be in victoria so he can bring in the whole italian community, and his champion haircut.
latest

Think we could make the nickname stick? I like it.

Guile

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see Guile this week.

I was looking back at the 2014 AFL Phantom Draft

JAYDEN LAVERDE – 12/4/96, 189cm, 82kg, Western Jets
Could one of the most exciting and versatile players in the draft fall in Adelaide's lap? Laverde offers plenty of options for clubs. His height, athleticism and speed is attractive to recruiters, who can see him becoming a big-bodied midfielder who marks well overhead and streams the ball forward. He's creative and adventurous, can be used across half-back and also closer to goal. He springs into games when he needs to, and once he develops more of an inside game he'll have close to the full package of skills to work with. Few would have predicted he would get to pick 14, but if not taken by Collingwood at pick five it's possible.

How do you see his development so far this year? Is he on track? We obviously don't want to rush him into the team but I feel like after a disappointing year that we need something to smile about.

I was looking back at the 2014 AFL Phantom Draft

JAYDEN LAVERDE – 12/4/96, 189cm, 82kg, Western Jets
Could one of the most exciting and versatile players in the draft fall in Adelaide's lap? Laverde offers plenty of options for clubs. His height, athleticism and speed is attractive to recruiters, who can see him becoming a big-bodied midfielder who marks well overhead and streams the ball forward. He's creative and adventurous, can be used across half-back and also closer to goal. He springs into games when he needs to, and once he develops more of an inside game he'll have close to the full package of skills to work with. Few would have predicted he would get to pick 14, but if not taken by Collingwood at pick five it's possible.

How do you see his development so far this year? Is he on track? We obviously don't want to rush him into the team but I feel like after a disappointing year that we need something to smile about.

From what I've seen he looks every bit the part. He hasnt been overly consistent but continually shows glimpses of absolute class. I think whats tricky for him and Langford is that they're competing against guys whom are fighting for their careers in Ashby, Obrien, Kav, Pears, Steinberg, Aylett, Merrett, Dalgleish, Hams, Edwards, McKernan and Howlett which makes it difficult for them to have a central role in the VFL squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back