Player Watch #7: Ben Lennon

Remove this Banner Ad

So lets look at real life. A kids comes out of uni with good marks. He works for 2 years and shows he may have potential. So do we make this kid a managing director????

He can take a leaf out of my 6 year old sons book. My sons play under 8s next year and wants to continue with auskick. So why does my son play two comps - ANSWER - love of football and play with his friends. My son gave the local footy team one simple answer when asked to play - "only if my friends can play". All the underage kids like my son with potential have a united cause - "we all play or no one plays".

So if ben lennon wants to go for money its and embarresement on the guy when six year old kids have more morals and values.

Harley bennel on one foot has more potential than lennon. Bennel has that one thing you cant teach kids - a sixth sense. Lennon cant buy this with the possible extra bucks he may get from carlton. If lennon thinks the sun shines from his *** then so be it.

Corey ellis seiously has more class than lennon. Ellis is a star in the making. Lennon is a possible very classy player that will have to work his backside of and reports to date suggest the work ethic is lacking.
Let's look at real life - comparing under 8's to AFL is absurd. Secondly, I haven't read anywhere where Lennon has stated he is leaving and we have no idea what Richmond has offered to Ben. According to your theory though, Ben should invite a few mates down and they all play for nothing and then cop abuse for their lack of talent.

What if the club is holding off to see how much room they have to maximize the offer to Ben. We simply don't know. To many variables in play. Sometimes you've just got to ride things out & wait for those in the relevent positions to conclude things. The wait is frustrating (for supporters) though for Ben....

What if the club is holding off to see how much room they have to maximize the offer to Ben. We simply don't know. To many variables in play. Sometimes you've just got to ride things out & wait for those in the relevent positions to conclude things. The wait is frustrating (for supporters) though for Ben....
Had heard a rumour to that effect, yet when i tried to follow it up and ask around i got nothing new from it, that'd be the ideal situation - we want to keep him, he wants to stay its just a matter of figuring out how much he'll actually get

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. Ben Lennon wants to remain at Richmond
. Managers view he will be at Richmond next year
. Disappointed at being dropped for the finals
. Wants to cement himself in the Tigers next year
. Manager to speak with Dan Richardson about Bens contract
. Not a lot of interest from outside clubs for Ben

** Edit - NAB Trade Radio FB page says there has been 'considerable interest for Lennon'

Also manager would not comment on the Blues interest for Ben

Last edited:
Was rhis from Sen?

Showed plenty at the end of the season. Has a combination of contested marking skills and elite right foot that is tantalizing. Out of contract - of course there would be interest in him in a weak draft as a club wont have to give up a top 10-15 pick for him which mean they will get him for unders if he leaves.

** Edit - NAB Trade Radio FB page says there has been 'considerable interest for Lennon'

Also manager would not comment on the Blues interest for Ben
hes still sooking it up over getting dropped Lmao

Geez this off season will be a disaster if we lose Lennon and Hawthorn poach Yarran....

I'm sure Benny wants to stay but walking to Carlton for free in the psd on a bigger offer might be tempting...

I really hope he stays. He is a definite starter in the 22 next year- 1. because we realise we missed him in the final and 2. he will automatically be taking Newman's spot.
Show him the money Tigers, 10+ year gun player we can't afford to lose. And he is part of the NOW, not just the future.
Come on Benny, stick around mate.

Geez this off season will be a disaster if we lose Lennon and Hawthorn poach Yarran....

I'm sure Benny wants to stay but walking to Carlton for free in the psd on a bigger offer might be tempting...

I really hope he stays. He is a definite starter in the 22 next year- 1. because we realise we missed him in the final and 2. he will automatically be taking Newman's spot.
Show him the money Tigers, 10+ year gun player we can't afford to lose. And he is part of the NOW, not just the future.
Come on Benny, stick around mate.

If we lost Ben and didn't bring anyone in it would be disaster.
But we're very very likely to get Yarran. Hawks won't touch him and their salary cap is so tight that Lake had to retire even though he wasted to keep playing. They lost a KPD and a ruck to retirement, why would they look at bringing in a medium/high priced HFF/HBF to cover those losses?

Lennon will stay, there have been no links to other clubs, no statements from his manager saying he's looking for more opportunity at another club etc… He would have bought into the idea that success is not far away from Richmond, no way he would want to go anywhere that puts him further away from finals.

You're right, he is a starting 22 player at the biggest club in AFL, expected to push for a Grand Final over the next few years. Lennon would be crazy to leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back