Past 35. Ed Curnow

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Ed Curnow (rookie)

Had it in my head that it was Cunrow.

That was probably the only disappointing aspect from his game tonight.

Ed Curnow (rookie)

Barlow closing in on return
Barlow's experience has also been pivotal to new Carlton rookie and former Box Hill player Ed Curnow, who fractured a leg a week after Barlow's season-ending injury.

Curnow is on track to follow in Barlow's footsteps and make an immediate impact in the AFL.

''It was pretty strange with the timing of it … it was really sad to see him [Barlow] go down, and then it happened to me,'' Curnow said. ''He has given me a call a few times to keep me posted on how he's going.''
Barlow closing in on return

Good return in light of that leg injury.

I reckon Ed could slot straight into Brock's role if his body doesn't hold up...was a real work horse at U18 level who won plenty of his own ball......obviosuly has elite endurance and can run all day
http://twitter.com/#!/SamLandsberger/status/40628201969553408

Spoke to a key Bullants official. Reckons Carlton rookie Ed Curnow will heap selection pressure on some Blues mids including Brock McLean.

http://twitter.com/#!/SamLandsberger/status/40628491829510144
Curnow was the best VFL midfielder last year at Box Hill until breaking his leg. Fully recovered and training well. A contested ball king.

“Lift Off” for Curnow

Curnow’s association with the N.I.C.K. Foundation is through friends and he is looking forward to his involvement although admits an understudy will be required for the first performance on Friday night.

“While I am thrilled to be involved and really looking forward to the performances, Friday I have a rather more important engagement,” Curnow said this week at Visy Park.

“We are playing Adelaide here at Visy Park on Friday afternoon so I will be busy doing what I love most of all, playing football. However Saturday I will be available to play the role in both performances so that will be fantastic.”

All profits from “Lift Off” will be directed to the N.I.C.K. Foundation, with tickets available through nickfoundation.startix.com.au

“Lift Off” for Curnow

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29578

Effes said:
Forgot to add Curnow was very good. He is good at diving in for the ball and then being able to handball to someone and release them forward. Not just a hard at it player who doesn't really benefit the team; he sets his teamates up.

Blake said:
Curnow looked good in and under, bit of pace on him aswell.

Sugarcane said:
Curnow got into the game the longer it went,

TheSwan said:
Curnow is someone who I think will be in the team round 1. He covers the ground really well and runs all day. He seems to play bigger than what he looks.

Rexy said:
Curnow - Provided a contest in the clinches and worked hard when not in possession. Will provide good competition for a senior berth.

aboynamedsue said:
- Curnow and Twomey will add to our overall midfield depth in 2011. In fact, with Ellard out, I think Curnow will probably play in Round 1.

jimmae said:
Curnow - Mid - Strong with the tackle and strong in the tackle, having the ability to stand up or break out of the hold to fire the ball away. Quick release of the ball by hand and showed more willingness to run, carry and kick long as the game wore on. Has a turn of speed and a reasonable side-step and I suspect as the strength returns through his ankle this will improve further. Personally I would select him ahead of Robinson as I feel he can run out the game better. With Robinson developing, this bloke and one B. McLean I am feeling a lot better about our clearance/inside mid stocks.

missnaut said:
I thought Twomey, Curnow and Watson also showed remarkable poise for young blokes.

Princes Park Whistler said:
Solid games from Laidler,Duigan,Twomey and Curnow.

Mickstar said:
Two other lesser light caught my attention yesterday being Eddie Curnow and Wade Twomey.Curnow just kept going for the hard ball all day.He dished out nicely,used the ball well,and seemed to run hard both ways all day.A good pickup by WH and his sidekick Cazz.

Bomba Sheldon said:
Curnow looks very good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a sneaky feeling that Ed will be one of our two nominated rookie's.

Ed gets the nod as nominated rookie

Ed Curnow’s dogged resilience and persistence has been rewarded with his elevation to Carlton’s senior list as its nominated rookie for 2011.

“Ed was a highly-touted player for the Box Hill Hawks in the VFL last year, prior to incurring a season-ending broken ankle, and what we’ve since seen confirms why he was so highly-touted there,” Icke said.

“He’s displayed good form in the NAB Cup and the NAB Challenge Series, and his on-field ability, coupled with his uncompromising work ethic, means he has earned his chance.”

“He (Curnow) is making a really big impact on the playing group and I know the coaching staff as well, with his diligence, hard work and the way he’s generally performed on-field,” Harris said. “He’s obviously had a go at it before, he knows what’s required and his work ethic has been excellent.”

Ed gets the nod as nominated rookie

There is a girl called Eliza Curnow from Geelong (same as Ed) who looks a bit similar to him, she won the Australian U20 800m championship race last week and has been making a name for herself for about the last year and a half. I'd guarantee they're related, looks like good endurance runs in the family.

There is a girl called Eliza Curnow from Geelong (same as Ed) who looks a bit similar to him, she won the Australian U20 800m championship race last week and has been making a name for herself for about the last year and a half. I'd guarantee they're related, looks like good endurance runs in the family.
Edward Curnow and Eliza Curnow are friends on Facebook...

I tried to crack on to Tamsyn Lewis once upon a time....needless to say it was a massive fail :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back