Player Watch #37 Kaelan Bradtke

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't recall us even enquiring.

I don't think the club would publicise every enquiry they make.

We have been salary cap jammed. We needed to add 2-3 mids and a key forward post dynasty. Two of the mids came up so the club lept on them. Now as cap space becomes available we will no doubt move our focus to this key forward issue. It is probably not one that could easily be solved ahead of time by making a strong offer for a Larkey or any other promising key forward.

It was essentially a free hit. Didn’t work move on. Cost us nothing

It cost us a chance for a backup mid which we needed far more than this guy. Especially as how our season unfolded.

We need kpp depth, the time to address it wasn’t with the very last spot on the list. It should of been our first priority considering it was pretty much Lynch or bust for our forward line.

Bradtke was so far off vfl level let alone afl level it wasn’t funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very strange situation. Picked up in the SSP and then delisted by the end of the season.

Something not right here.
Didn’t develop enough to a point where we thought he would be worth an extension.

He might’ve decided the demands of afl aren’t for him.

We might have something else lined up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

24 goals in 16 VFL appearances does not seem very impressive for a key forward. AFL will much tougher.
I reckon Mini has the job, club making list management decisions without a head coach seems odd.
List management 101. This is not even a surprising call we need players with AFL quality traits.

Kaelan's inability to take a big grab or a pack mark was my biggest issue with him. Recruiting a big forward who cannot take a contested mark is essentially pointless. While he does possess impressive speed for his size, there are smaller players who are faster and can provide the desired style of play. In the VFL, he simply did not take enough contested marks to prove that he could do it at the elite level. Perhaps he has the potential, but he failed to demonstrate it. Ultimately, we need a replacement forward for Jack and Tom, both of whom can obviously take big grabs.

Seems we've signed a 208cm big as category B rookie

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Behind a paywall, but it's Ollie Hayes-Brown a former Perth Wildcats basketballer. Anyone know if he's any good?

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back