3rd Test: Sri Lanka v Australia at Colombo (SSC) Sep 16-20

Remove this Banner Ad

i would like to see the following changes for the 1st test in S.A. Usman, Patterison, paine, Harris FOR Hughes, Siddle, Haddin, Johnson.

Can't fault that really. Siddle to become the perennial 12th man like Andy Bichel was of for our Decade of dominance

This is an incredibly selfish effort from Mathews. His team need runs and he's been denying singles for the last 30 overs as his team crawls along at a run rate of about 1.5.

They'd have been better off declaring an hour before stumps last night.

Keepers to me is the sticky situation, our other stocks seem to be in good order at the moment, not including spin but Lyon is toiling away okay. Paine should be next in line, is a very good bat when he puts his head down and is easily a better Keeper then Haddin, Wade to me is a better more free flowing batsmen, equally as good as a keeper but just because we were blessed with Gilly, doesn't mean a keeper who plays shots all the time is the best option, Paine has shown a great ability to play the long innings but i'm just not sure he is a reliable late order batsmen, but then again after being spoiled by Gilly not every keeper needs to average mid 40's, one who sticks around with a set batsmen is better then what Haddin is offering up. Is also at that peak age in his career.

I think you are been a bit harsh on Wade, he has played some evry good innings which he has batted a long time for. When the Vics won the Shield a couple of years ago he was man of the match, having made a very tough 90 in the first innings which kept them in the game.

Siddle is his own worst enemy at times. He can bowl really well like he has in this test but then he goes back to bowling to short a lot. IMO he would have to be ahead of Johnson, but they won't drop Johnson unfortunatley.

Also as people have mentioned Hughes needs to be moved on, bring back Katich, or have Khawaja open.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is an incredibly selfish effort from Mathews. His team need runs and he's been denying singles for the last 30 overs as his team crawls along at a run rate of about 1.5.

They'd have been better off declaring an hour before stumps last night.

They are still ahead in the game and the Aussies will have to bat at least 5 sessions. It's still Sri's game to lose.

We can't let Hughes open next innings. Early wickets always put so much ****ing pressure on the rest of the order, if we want to save the test we need Punter, Marsh, Hussey or Copeland to open with Watson.

They are still ahead in the game and the Aussies will have to bat at least 5 sessions. It's still Sri's game to lose.

Their lead could be so much more. What have we had this session? 30-40 runs? Purely selfish batting to let Matthews get to 100.

I don't think we would need to bat quite that long. About 120 overs or 4 sessions should be long enough. If we score at 3 an over we'll lead by around 200+ with 40 or less overs left in the match. That'll be enough for the draw.

We can't let Hughes open next innings. Early wickets always put so much ****ing pressure on the rest of the order, if we want to save the test we need Punter, Marsh, Hussey or Copeland to open with Watson.

I'm not sure that Watson can open. He's bowled a lot of overs in this innings. He'll need some time before he heads out on to the field.

Assuming we score at around 3 an over then 120-125 overs seems like the ball park for safety in this match.

Going on the past 3 years and our current batting woes i would give us maybe a 1 in 4 chance of saving the match.

Australia's batsman, whilst no doubt desperate to put their feet up, would be loving every minute of the slow play.

Only got to bat for 125 overs. Should be very easy for our batting lineup.

OT: I wonder how most of you managed to get onto the site in the last hour...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back