2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 33 India v Sri Lanka 2/11 1900hrs @ Wankhede Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like his intimidation makes the batsmen afraid of trying to hit his rare bad balls and he builds too much pressure

Being positive is the key, also giving him different looks, take a different guard these small things. You have to mess his rhythm because you give Bumrah rhythm he’s too good.

Second time in ODI history the top four have been dismissed for just 1 run between them.

First time was Pakistan vs West Indies in the 2015 World Cup: PAK vs WI, ICC Cricket World Cup 2014/15, 10th Match, Pool B at Christchurch, February 21, 2015 - Full Scorecard
Some bleak records set in this innings.

The top five dismissed for 2 runs between them is the new record for ODI cricket (surpassing Canada's 4 v Netherlands in 2013, and Pakistan's 8 in the same match above).

The top eight dismissed for 14 runs between them is likewise a new record for ODI cricket.

Five ducks is one short of the ODI record, which has happened on five occasions. Five is the joint record for World Cups.

8/29 is the fourth lowest score at the fall of the eight wicket in ODI history. Pakistan 8/25 vs West Indies in 1992/93 is the record: PAK vs WI, Total International Series 1992/93, 9th Match at Cape Town, February 25, 1993 - Full Scorecard (Today is the lowest in a world cup match)

Another team wins the toss bowls first concedes 350+ and gets thrashed like seriously.

Are these tactics just dumb. What is the continued logic behind it all.

20 sides have won the toss this tournament and bowled first.

Guess how many have won its not many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

India at this World Cup have now beaten all the former World Cup winners except for the West Indies. The West Indies just too clever.

Interesting to see what they do with hardik if he's fit again. On the one hand this team has been firing without him BUT he does provide a 6th bowler option. Something that might be crucial considering we're seeing injuries occruing.

I would probably play hardik instead of SKY if hardik is fit to bowl. They essentially play the same role in the batting line-up while hardik provides bowling benefit.

Another team wins the toss bowls first concedes 350+ and gets thrashed like seriously.

Yeah it makes no sense. I think the logic would be these sides don't trust their bowlers, so just get a total set and then back their batsmen to chase it. I can't see any other reason to do it. I do agree it's stupid. You still need your bats to perform.

Dew factor re bowling first but daytime conditions are soo dire that it's cooking the fielding team.

For the size of the sport, I sometimes wonder about the standard of tactics from the professional level. Some teams really don't seem to do their homework or are rigid in adapting.

Imagine how the likes of Sanath Jayasuriya, Aravinda da Silva, Tillarkaratne Dilshan, Mahela Jayawardena, Kumar Sangakara and other great Sri Lankan white ball batsmen would have felt watching that batting 'performance' from Sri Lanka.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back