Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

If dumb was a company he would be Founder and CEO.

Provides no contest in the air, no contest on the ground. Can’t play as a third man up, can’t kick, can’t do a lot of anything really.

About the only thing he does with any competence is blame everyone around him when he *s up.

Should play the next month in the VFL and be made to earn that spot. Embodies everything that is wrong with this club at the moment.

Great post. Embodies him at the moment.

If dumb was a company he would be Founder and CEO.

Provides no contest in the air, no contest on the ground. Can’t play as a third man up, can’t kick, can’t do a lot of anything really.

About the only thing he does with any competence is blame everyone around him when he *s up.

Should play the next month in the VFL and be made to earn that spot. Embodies everything that is wrong with this club at the moment.
Yep, when the crows got their first goal 1:15 into game, he and Luke McDonald did the old high 5 to each other after the goal. Jesus maybe I was spoilt with the likes of Mick Martyn, but they should have been ropable that the oppos got a goal, not high 5ing each other!

Delist Corr, McDonald, Stephenson for starters

Geez I think you’re all a tad harsh.

He’s ok and imagine being surrounded by such luminaries as Biggy (lol) McDonald ei ei oh. ******* Fisher & Pinks.
He's not ok. He's supposed to be the leader back there, he's played in really good teams. He shows no leadership, no accountability.

I recall in the game against the blues him being on McKay. They were up by a fair bit and McKay was sprinting across the ground to provide an outlet option for the team, Corr was jogging 20 metres behind him and McKay took an uncontested mark.

I think it's become obvious by now that Aiden has some skills that make him a handy player when he's surrounded by very good players. Unfortunately right now we need him to be showing the way, and quite frankly he seems to have neither the skills nor footy smarts to be doing it.

Hopefully once Kal and Griff are back, and he can slide into a 4th banana role, we might finally see some value from him.

He's not ok. He's supposed to be the leader back there, he's played in really good teams. He shows no leadership, no accountability.

I recall in the game against the blues him being on McKay. They were up by a fair bit and McKay was sprinting across the ground to provide an outlet option for the team, Corr was jogging 20 metres behind him and McKay took an uncontested mark.

I think it's become obvious by now that Aiden has some skills that make him a handy player when he's surrounded by very good players. Unfortunately right now we need him to be showing the way, and quite frankly he seems to have neither the skills nor footy smarts to be doing it.

Hopefully once Kal and Griff are back, and he can slide into a 4th banana role, we might finally see some value from him.
Agree, I was at the game. He stands between 3 and 5 metres behind anyone he plays on. So on the TV coverage you may wonder why the forward has space on him, its not from a block or a double lead, its because he gives them a head start every single time.

Agree, I was at the game. He stands between 3 and 5 metres behind anyone he plays on. So on the TV coverage you may wonder why the forward has space on him, its not from a block or a double lead, its because he gives them a head start every single time.
He labours under the misapprehension that he has the closing speed required.

He simply does not.

He simply does not.
I don't know if he's just a guy who doesn't learn or he's stubborn. It's not 2020 anymore, he's not surrounded by All Australians who will clean up his mistakes. He can't afford to be super aggressive

He simply does not.
Thinks he’s superman but hasn’t the closing speed of cunners and the turning circle of the QE2

* him out of my club

My great wish is that this week V the aints there is a moment where Corrs and Cap't Dropkick have a benny hill run of errors b/w them leaving an oppo to walk in an easy goal. I look fwd to the still image meme captioned stoopid is as stoopid does.

I've been trying to learn a bit of German lately, interesting language. I remember Schadenfreude was something like that cheeky grinning feeling when someone else *s up. I guess it's bad form to think it about a North player. I'm gonna get inspired during this next game and work on some new phrases.

How do you say mistake in German?
https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-say-mistake-in-German
NOUN

der Fehler
error, fault, mistake, defect, bug, flaw

der Irrtum
error, mistake, fallacy, aberration, pitfall

das Versehen
mistake, oversight, error, inadvertence, inadvertency

die Verwechslung
confusion, mistake, mix-up

der Fehlgriff
mistake

die Unrichtigkeit
incorrectness, inaccuracy, mistake, falsity, error, falseness

die Täuschung
illusion, deception, bluff, deceit, delusion, mistake

VERB

verwechseln
confuse, mistake, confound, mix up, muddle, get mixed up

verkennen
mistake, misjudge, underestimate, fail to appreciate, misconceive

sich irren
be wrong, be mistaken, err, make a mistake, mistake

falsch verstehen
misunderstand, mistake, misread

sich vertun
make a mistake, mistake, slip up, make a slip

nicht erkennen
mistake

falsch auffassen
mistake

Not sure he offers much more than Corr, while the other 2 clearly do.
Wouldn't be against it, but he'd be a place holder as well until Kal and Griff come back.
But corr has no upside. None. And as a “leader” (😆) who cant play or follow basic team rules, let alone LEAD, Lets at least see what pink can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back