4 Bomber players expected to hang up the boots...

Remove this Banner Ad

bOmBeR_BoY1

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jul 12, 2003
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
It appears that Misiti won't be the only calling it quits, but up to three other players at a media conference expected to be held in the coming days.

Possible names include Mercuri, Wellman, Allan, and even James Hird... :eek:

• Banned
Dustin Fletcher has also been named as a possibility and there is a good chance the predicted "superstar" :p Courtney Johns will probably quit football this year as a result of hip surgery which won't allow him to play again.

Probably Wellman and Mercs, although if you look at the way Mark played in the 2s last week he might be rethinking that one.

I guess Allan's probably figured he's done his job and after hurting his knee again he may not want to go on. Laycock looks like he is going to be in the side for good starting next year and there might not be a spot left for Allan, considering that Hille appears to be untouchable.

I highly doubt Hird will quit.

i think sheedy will clear out most of the dead wood at the end of the season. which means the end of the likes of Hird, Fletcher, Wellman, Misiti, Mecuri, Allan

Abaddon said:
i think sheedy will clear out most of the dead wood at the end of the season. which means the end of the likes of Hird, Fletcher, Wellman, Misiti, Mecuri, Allan

Hird dead wood?

Been to the footy?

Abaddon said:
what planet are you on moron if heard is dead wood then so is riccuito, buckley etc

Jars458 said:
Why would Wellman retire?? Plenty of footy in him.

I think you'll find it could be Wellman (along with Misiti).

Hasn't had a great couple of years, injury and form wise.

He will be sadly missed, catalyst of our 2000 side.

do not count courtney johns out of the footy world yet my friends....after speaking to this kid he is far from calling it totally quits..granted he know the club will prob have to delist him(poss re-rookie him so he can stay around the group etc..) but he can by all means be back on the park one day

misiti is a given
even if mercs does go, the guy needs to stay at bendigo, he can dominate there for about another 2-3 yr IMO

well man is in ave form but doubt will retire

i agree that hird is dead wood that needs to be tossed off the heap SHANE HIRD MAYBE!!!! you must be on drugs dude lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three 29 yo's retiring (it seems). All suffering chronic leg injuries, with their pace being a major issue. Wouldn't have anything to do with the hard colonial surface essendon so often plays on would it... ?

Abaddon said:

Not Hird.

Even if you got half a season out of this bloke, it is worth it. Hird is a true champion and one of the best to ever pull on a boot. You would keep him on, Essendon would be mad to let this guy retire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back