Player Watch 40 Jordan Williams (2010-11)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 57 (Hawthorn): Jordan Williams (Bendigo Pioneers) (Midfielder).
http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/...g/1687999.aspx

Quote:
Williams keeps working
NATHAN DOLE
26 Nov, 2009 04:00 AM
ON THE eve of the AFL national draft, Echuca’s Jordan Williams was doing what he has done a lot of the past few years - kicking the footy around.
Williams was sweating it out at the Echuca Bombers start to their pre-season campaign.

By tonight the Bendigo Pioneers and Echuca on-baller may be bound for the big league when the AFL national draft is held from 6.30pm.

Work ethic has played a big part in Williams’ ascent to being a key player for the Pioneers, and also for NSW-ACT at the past two national under-18 championships.

He also excelled in the sprints at the national draft camp run at the Australian Institute of Sport.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...8/default.aspx

Quote:
57. Jordan Williams

7:15 PM Thu 26 November, 2009
Height: 184cm
Weight: 79kg
DOB: 06/05/91
Recruited from: Echuca
Bio: Hard-working left footer who uses the ball extremely well. Wins plenty of contested possessions, averaging nine per game for NSW/ACT at the NAB AFL U18 Championships. Averaged 18 possessions per game in TAC Cup in 2009. Showed good speed and endurance at Draft Camp with 2.98secs for 20m and a 14.4 beep test.

Re: Jordan Williams

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/player.../senior/season/2009/selected/bio/default.aspx

Hard-working left footer who uses the ball extremely well. Wins plenty of contested possessions, averaging nine per game for NSW/ACT at the NAB AFL U18 Championships. Averaged 18 possessions per game in TAC Cup in 2009. Showed good speed and endurance at Draft Camp with 2.98secs for 20m and a 14.4 beep test.Matt Burgan's draft prediction: late-rookie

Watch Jordan Williams in action

Stats (averages for U18 TAC Cup)
Games K H D M G
H/O
12 12 6 18 4 0 -
In his own words
What type of player are you?

Left foot midfielder who shares the ball, gives first option, good endurance and a team player.

Which AFL player do you resemble, and why?
Simon Black - left foot midfielder, good disposal, looks for targets.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
Endurance, good disposal, clean hands, team player.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
Short-distance speed, marking, finding the footy, strength.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Richmond and Carlton - my parents barrack for them, plus they have good young midfielders.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
Father - he has always encouraged me and taken me everywhere that I need to go.

Re: 40 Jordan Williams

Round 24, 2011 Season

Jordan named as emergency for the Hawks final home and away game for season 2011 played at the Gold Coast against the Suns on Saturday 3 September 2011.

About the only time Jordan has come up on the radar for Hawk fans.

Williams played with the losing Box Hill seniors in their elimination final against Werribee @ Werribee.

He's on the Senior List Rusty!!
Pretty quiet year but picked up the last month. Time will tell who is going to be delisted. I think only about 8 players out of contract so they would all be feeling the heat!

He's on the Senior List Rusty!!
Pretty quiet year but picked up the last month. Time will tell who is going to be delisted. I think only about 8 players out of contract so they would all be feeling the heat!
A bloke that I work with happens to be best mates with jordan, they grew up together in echuca, anyway I was having a chat to him the other day and he told me the inside word is that unfortuneatedly Jordan will be delisted at year's end.

Hawthorn announces list changes​

5:01 PM Thu 20 Oct, 2011
Hawthorn Football Club has made the following changes to its playing list in preparation for the AFL draft period.

The Club would like to thank each player for their commitment and contribution to Hawthorn Football Club during their careers and wishes them every success for the future.

Primary-listed players
Rick Ladson (delisted)
Jarryd Morton (delisted)
Jordan Williams (delisted)

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/125359/default.aspx

Re: 2011 Player Review -SUGGESTED FORMAT NOW IN FIRST POST - Post your reviews here - DUE NOW!!!!

Jordan Williams Review

Number: 40
Height: 185cm
Weight: 80kgs
DOB: 6 May 1991
Recruited: Bendigo Pioneers TAC

Jordan_Williams.jpg

Jordan was selected at pick 57 in the 2009 AFL Draft. He was known for his hard work, hard running and a very precise left foot kick. According to an AFL website review he averaged 9 contested possessions for NSW/ACT U18 Championships. At Draft Camp he showed good speed and endurance with 2.98secs for 20m and a 14.4 beep test.

I found it difficult to do a review on Jordan. I had seen Jordan play at both TAC and the U18 National Carnival. He definitely had speed and endurance backed up by his draft camp results. When he arrived at the club he was on par with Liam Shiels as having the best endurance in all the trials etc of all players and then this year taken over by the “freak” speed and endurance of Isaac Smith and endurance of Menegola.

He commenced 2010 in the Development Squad and I know he had at least 3 x 40+ possession games in a row before he was elevated to the Senior BHH. He shared his time between the seniors and reserves, playing seven and 12 games respectively. He was part of the Development Squad Premiership Grand Final team.

Jordan showed further promise this year kicking a couple of goals in the West during the NAB Cup and then followed up with a solid performance at Shepparton against Richmond.

I watched quite a lot of Jordan’s games this year and am at a loss to his lack of impact on many games. About round 5 he was dropped to the dev squad where he stayed for I think about 4 games. I certainly don’t thing he was as bad as was the general consensus by Big Footy followers however he wasn’t listed in the Seniors best until his last game of the season in the BHH Senior Elimination Final.

Throughout the season Jordan showed glimpses – glimpses of speed, glimpses of hard ball gets, glimpses of great run downs and tackles, glimpses of clever delivery. I don’t know where those 40 plus possession games went.

Jordan is a quiet kid who worked hard and really applied himself at the club but again I think it is the mental strength that is more important than anything to develop in this brutal environment and succeed at AFL level.

Good luck Jordan with your future endeavours.

Good to see that Jordan has been named in the VFL squad to play Tassie.
He has been playing well for Bendigo Gold(Essendon) across the midfield and across half back with Ladson. Wish him well....thought he was hard done by to be delisted and then to keep Bruce, Bateman.

He has been playing well for Bendigo Gold(Essendon) across the midfield and across half back with Ladson. Wish him well....thought he was hard done by to be delisted and then to keep Bruce, Bateman.
showed nothing at 2 years with us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am delighted to see Jordan developing his career in Bendigo and being named in the VFL squad. I hope he does well and gets another AFL opportunity. If he is good enough, he will.

Anyone know for sure what happened to him? Generally fresh players get more than two seasons, and he wasn't half bad I thought.

Anyone know for sure what happened to him? Generally fresh players get more than two seasons, and he wasn't half bad I thought.
Jordan played for Bendigo Gold last season (with Rick Ladson),trained with Essendon VFL up till Xmas(was actually interviewed by Essendon before the draft). He is playing with his home club Echuca in the Goulburn Valley this season. Was BOG in Rd 1 against Rochester with 30+ possessions. I know the family well...he is at uni in Melb. and still retains a lot of friends at Hawthorn.

Jordan played for Bendigo Gold last season (with Rick Ladson),trained with Essendon VFL up till Xmas(was actually interviewed by Essendon before the draft). He is playing with his home club Echuca in the Goulburn Valley this season. Was BOG in Rd 1 against Rochester with 30+ possessions. I know the family well...he is at uni in Melb. and still retains a lot of friends at Hawthorn.

Thanks mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back