Review #41: Nathan Foley

Where is he at?

• In our best 22. He's not done yet.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Will be used as a depth player.

Votes: 35 41.2%
  • Love him but he's cooked. Should Retire.

Votes: 28 32.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting for Rioli jnr. Think he is 14 this year.

Tried to find a gif of a tiger rubbing its paws together but could only find one of a cat.

Sadly, it looks like the cat is playing with itself a bit... :(

20130112011745_5APNv.thumb.224_0.gif

That being said, perhaps after we see Rioli Jr tearing it up in U16s & U18s, we'll all be getting excited for the future. :p

Foley to return to his blistering best and be the missing ingredient and propel us to greatness

#daretodream :p

In all seriousness, I would still say he's in our best 22 coming off the bench, would put him in the side ahead of Gordon, Newman, Lloyd at least. Even with his old pace missing, he knows how to extract a ball and has good hands I traffic, would help with our clearance work.

Foley to return to his blistering best and be the missing ingredient and propel us to greatness

#daretodream :p

In all seriousness, I would still say he's in our best 22 coming off the bench, would put him in the side ahead of Gordon, Newman, Lloyd at least. Even with his old pace missing, he knows how to extract a ball and has good hands I traffic, would help with our clearance work.

Agree with this. I would like to give Gordon as much game time as possible, think he has good potential if he can iron out some of his silly errors. Watching the replay he did some really smart things as well. In the last quarter while in a marking dual he deliberately taped to Edwards who was swooping past I recon some of our other players would have gone for the mark, I see gordon very much like rance gives his all just needs to control his tempo at times.

The only hope is that once again this is the second year after Foley has come back from a serious hiccup. While he did have a set back it wasn't serious. Before he got injured last time he started to perform again, if he still has it in him he could be very valuable for us. If he doesn't there are still those highlights on YouTube.

Retired: Foley,Newman,Knights
Delisted: Hampson,Dea.Thomas,Arnot

Good teams dont hold onto has beens for more than 1 year
Hampson will be here unfortunately.
I'm interested to see Foley.
Knights likewise - much tears.

I do agree though.

We've been crying out for someone in this position and Dimma comes up with Steven Morris......
Didn't you hear? Dimma is a genius all of a sudden because we defeated the powerhouse that is the Brisbane Lions...

Retired: Foley,Newman,Knights
Delisted: Hampson,Dea.Thomas,Arnot

Good teams dont hold onto has beens for more than 1 year

I agree with all bar Hampson. We need a back up ruck for one and for two his last two performances in the VFL were encouraging, 20 possessions and 53 hit outs is impressive and if he kept close to those numbers all year in the twos then I would keep him.

I agree with all bar Hampson. We need a back up ruck for one and for two his last two performances in the VFL were encouraging, 20 possessions and 53 hit outs is impressive and if he kept close to those numbers all year in the twos then I would keep him.
His statts look good on their own but must look at who they are against and how strong coburg's rucks are - Hampson is 28 and injury prone hardly a sufficient backup ruckman in my books

Players like Curry,White etc can get free anytime

His statts look good on their own but must look at who they are against and how strong coburg's rucks are - Hampson is 28 and injury prone hardly a sufficient backup ruckman in my books

I did say if he continues with those numbers ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big men take longer to come good he is only 28

Played against an ex tigers son Andy Goodwin's
Tom Goodwin 201cm 104kegs 23yo who has been a journeyman at PA SANFL and Played with BOX HILL ,but was starved of opportunity bc they had 6 ruckmen on their list according to DAD
Tom lost to him in the ruck hit outs,but beat him around the ground especially with his defensive work where he ran down and nullified the Coburg fwds.
He also was the most effective and damaging big man on the ground
He was very impressive and we gave him the BOG. Great debut for Coburg by Tom:)

Played against an ex tigers son Andy Goodwin's
Tom Goodwin 201cm 104kegs 23yo who has been a journeyman at PA SANFL and Played with BOX HILL ,but was starved of opportunity bc they had 6 ruckmen on their list according to DAD
Tom lost to him in the ruck hit outs,but beat him around the ground especially with his defensive work where he ran down and nullified the Coburg fwds.
He also was the most effective and damaging big man on the ground
He was very impressive and we gave him the BOG. Great debut for Coburg by Tom:)

Very generous TI. His direct opponent got 53 hit outs and you give him BOG. :confused:
He's not in the top 6 in the write up, Hampson was. Just sayin

I'm not a Hampson fan either, but please...

Very generous TI. His direct opponent got 53 hit outs and you give him BOG. :confused:
He's not in the top 6 in the write up, Hampson was. Just sayin

I'm not a Hampson fan either, but please...
Yeah , but possessions mean nothing if they're rubbish or cheap and ineffective
You aren't a stats man vote giver are you?
If you were at the game ,which I doubt you were
you would have seen big Tom working double time against a big man in the ruck and his hard defensive work on TV when he was fwd
TV got him once and the other two goals he couldn't cover the ground quick enough due to turnovers
Tom was BOG IMO as he had two big drop kicks to foil all day
Hampson will get 50 hit outs at afl level but his effectiveness is poor
He was the major reason we were 3-10 then Maric showed how to do it with less possessions and hit outs
The more Hampson touches it the more diabolical the situation is. Go and read Boob Radleys vfl game day posts on him
Coburg got five easy goals just from a quick centre break and I reckon poor old Hampson would have been pretty sore by the end of the game
Don't let possessions be your only judgement on the best player
To me Big Tom was BOG and I stand by it
So please ,I wouldnt believe propaganda unless I actually was there
So believe me or Boob or some bs write up as I don't care about your analysis based on what you read

Last edited:
Yeah , but possessions mean nothing if they're rubbish or cheap and ineffective
You aren't a stats man vote giver are you?
If you were at the game ,which I doubt you were
you would have seen big Tom working double time against a big man in the ruck and his hard defensive work on TV when he was fwd
TV got him once and the other two goals he couldn't cover the ground quick enough due to turnovers
Tom was BOG IMO as he had two big drop kicks to foil all day
Hampson will get 50 hit outs at afl level but his effectiveness is poor
He was the major reason we were 3-10 then Maric showed how to do it with less possessions and hit outs
The more Hampson touches it the more diabolical the situation is. Go and read Boob Radleys vfl game day posts on him
Coburg got five easy goals just from a quick centre break and I reckon poor old Hampson would have been pretty sore by the end of the game
Don't let possessions be your only judgement on the best player
To me Big Tom was BOG and I stand by it
So please ,I wouldnt believe propaganda unless I actually was there
So believe me or Boob or some bs write up as I don't care about your analysis based on what you read

Not generally a stats vote giver, no.

But if you're the ruckman and your opponent gets 53 hit outs then that's one box that definitely is not ticked.

I just read your post as a Hampson bashing exercise, which I'm not totally against. If it's justified.
Your man might have tried all day but 53 hit outs, 20 possessions, 8 marks is pretty handy output from your direct opponent.
Obviously they were all s**t possessions and hit outs, but when the Hammer had it your man didn't.
Coburg didn't rate his game in the top six, but if you were there you must have seen something.

Not generally a stats vote giver, no.

But if you're the ruckman and your opponent gets 53 hit outs then that's one box that definitely is not ticked.

I just read your post as a Hampson bashing exercise, which I'm not totally against. If it's justified.
Your man might have tried all day but 53 hit outs, 20 possessions, 8 marks is pretty handy output from your direct opponent.
Obviously they were all s**t possessions and hit outs, but when the Hammer had it your man didn't.
Coburg didn't rate his game in the top six, but if you were there you must have seen something.
Fantastic comeback Livo
Ivan Maric comes back rfc wins nine straight. Guess what how many games of those wins did Hampson play in? Tapping the ball 53 x into your scrotum counts as a stat
Lol mate

Fantastic comeback Livo
Ivan Maric comes back rfc wins nine straight. Guess what how many games of those wins did Hampson play in? Tapping the ball 53 x into your scrotum counts as a stat
Lol mate

Nice attempt at deflection. Nothing to do with Ivan, nothing to do with last year.

Just focus on your BOG vote from last week and think as to why someone might find it a little strange.

Nice attempt at deflection. Nothing to do with Ivan, nothing to do with last year.

Just focus on your BOG vote from last week and think as to why someone might find it a little strange.
No deflection mate
This guy created at least six goals and stopped lots of through playing a kick behind the play
He played on two overpaid bananas and showed them up
You were there though bc you read the stats report
My hero mate
As I said the more Hampson touches it the more scrawled we are that's why we were 3-10 before Maric got going
Try again but I'm not interested in your stats

No deflection mate
This guy created at least six goals and stopped lots of through playing a kick behind the play
He played on two overpaid bananas and showed them up
You were there though bc you read the stats report
My hero mate
As I said the more Hampson touches it the more scrawled we are that's why we were 3-10 before Maric got going
Try again but I'm not interested in your stats

So Robert Klomp did deserve the TV?

Back