Past #42: Declan Mountford - delisted by NMFC on 04 October 2018 - thanks and good luck Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked what I saw. He just looks a footballer, like the ones who come from nowhere to become really good contributors in West Coast and Adelaide finals sides. Taking first game nerves into account it looks like we have plenty to work with here. Onya Declan!

The perception of he demise of our side is greatly flawed if these draftees can get up to speed in ue next two years.

agree especially the two years bit, I had a look this morning and I think we could make a case for anyone of 29 players being in our best 22. Declan isn't one of them for obvious reasons.

In two years we should see some huge changes to the make up of our team with the upside being these guys will have had a couple of pre seasons under their collective belts.

Played well in the Werribee vs Academy game - not just based on the fact he got a medal.

Finds the pill pretty well, nice kicking action and committed to tackling and trying to play in front.

Seems a likeable kid too so far, hopefully we've got one here.

Played well in the Werribee vs Academy game - not just based on the fact he got a medal.

Finds the pill pretty well, nice kicking action and committed to tackling and trying to play in front.

Seems a likeable kid too so far, hopefully we've got one here.

Yep... Pealed off 7 wide around the corner and went past Gibbo in 3 strides.

He is the Chautauqua of the NMFC.

Seems like all 4 of Clarke, Hibberd, Wagner and Mountford could well make it. However, given the demographic of our list, it will be a real challenge to blood all of them in and give them enough games. If they were all here in 2010/2011, they would be playing every game. Hawthorn is in similar position to us in that regard, but at least they are coming off 3 consecutive flags. We haven't won anything, but are still in a difficult position in terms of being able to blood youth.

His style of bursting out of stoppages, rather than hacking it, is exactly what we need. I know it was only against the U/18s but that game made me very excited about what he could do in the VFL and hopefully the AFL this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone needs to remind him he is a North listed player :).
He reckons he is playing for Werribee. ;)
One step at a time. While I love kids having ambition, like Clarke obviously does, I also like those with a bit more modesty. Unlike some of our older guys, however, I don't think he thinks he doesn't belong. He's just being realistic.

my favourite thing about dec (apart from that genuine breakaway speed that has everyone frothing) is how good his kicking action looks: just so uncomplicated he looks like he hits targets all day long as opposed to someone like clarke who just looks a bit awkward in his disposal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back