Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry, but this really pisses me off. I'm happy the lad has a shot at the big time, but there's players who deserve to be playing in the firsts who have their career on the line. Kav's game was fantastic on the Friday and Conor was largely unnoticed.
If Conor is playing and Kav is not, then there is your answer to Kavs career

We are allowed to play both of them you realise?
The point still stands? We're giving games to Chapman and Fletcher for the sake of sentiment, let's throw in a few players that don't deserve to be there.

I genuinely hope he tears the game apart, but this is poor. I'd play Aylett ahead of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point still stands? We're giving games to Chapman and Fletcher for the sake of sentiment, let's throw in a few players that don't deserve to be there.

I genuinely hope he tears the game apart, but this is poor. I'd play Aylett ahead of him.
The biggest indictment on the club is that it's come down to two games left in the season and a number of players who have shown good form in the VFL for extended periods have not been given enough time in the AFL, while players in poor form in the AFL have rarely been forced to earn their spot.

Given Mckenna is a forward and is likely to be the sub (I assume) I don't believe he is keeping guys like Browne, Kav or even Aylett out of the side.

Fair enough I just find it a bit direspectfull to turf champions like Chappy and Fletcher on the scrap heap like they are nothing once thier careers are finished.

This club has been nothing short of flippant about the careers of certain players we have on our list and it stems back to the farce in the NAB cup when it tried to prevent the 2012 listed players from participating in the NAB cup.

When did a club in the position we find ourselves in get to become to dismissive of the talent it has at its disposal (which it has invested hundreds of thousands if not millions in)?

We only see players at the club on face value.... we see performances.

Maybe at club these guys dont put in the same amount of effort, dont have the right attitude or simply dont do what coaches want?
There surely has to be something more.. kav for one should be playing this week on last weeks performance.

but!!! Im not going to begrudge mckenna for earning his spot also. Maybe he does everything around club better than those others.... who knows

Got no problen with chappy and fletch getting a fairwell game. 2 games aint going to change club perception of kav and aylet... maybe they are just not up to it!!!!

Those 2 above are great servants of the game. Fair dinkem deserve the chance to have 1 last game

We only see players at the club on face value.... we see performances.

Maybe at club these guys dont put in the same amount of effort, dont have the right attitude or simply dont do what coaches want?
There surely has to be something more.. kav for one should be playing this week on last weeks performance.

but!!! Im not going to begrudge mckenna for earning his spot also. Maybe he does everything around club better than those others.... who knows

Got no problen with chappy and fletch getting a fairwell game. 2 games aint going to change club perception of kav and aylet... maybe they are just not up to it!!!!

Those 2 above are great servants of the game. Fair dinkem deserve the chance to have 1 last game

you're a good man Mr. Comey

He's been a liability at VFL level for at least a month now.
Tanksforthevoteofconfidenceihopetherealmeisntreadingyourthoughtaye. BackinIrelandmegoodmotherusedtosayifyou'vegotnothinggoodtosaysaynothingatallwhatdidyourssay?

Ifeelwehaveverydifferentupbringings,areallyouAussieshatersorisitjusteasiertochoppeopledownratherthanwishthemthebest?

This club has been nothing short of flippant about the careers of certain players we have on our list and it stems back to the farce in the NAB cup when it tried to prevent the 2012 listed players from participating in the NAB cup.

When did a club in the position we find ourselves in get to become to dismissive of the talent it has at its disposal (which it has invested hundreds of thousands if not millions in)?
Thatsaprettytrickyquestionwhydontyougoogleit?

Whenyougethteanswerwhatwillithelpyouconclude...Nowgtfouttamethread...yourvibeislikeagreenpotato. Bitter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back