Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
At pick 16 the Sydney Swans select AA U18 ruck Will Green

WILL GREEN

Will Green.jpg

Date of Birth: 08/09/2005 ; Height: 204cm
Draft: #16 - 2023
Recruited From: Northern Knights

A developing tall, Green showcased his potential with three promising performances
as Metro's go-to. He proved hard to move in the ruck, displaying outstanding craft while also expanding his game
around the ground. There, he clunked clean marks at the highest point and was mobile enough to lay tackles. The
Northern Knights captain averaged 12 touches and 24 hitouts.

Last edited:

While not an exciting pick with our first, getting the highest rated ruck of this draft who seems to be a fairly well rounded package is still a decent pick up. If we nabbed him 10 picks later I doubt anyone would be complaining.

Welcome to the Swans Will. Go well son!

While not an exciting pick with our first, getting the highest rated ruck of this draft who seems to be a fairly well rounded package is still a decent pick up. If we nabbed him 10 picks later I doubt anyone would be complaining.

All Australian ruck in the U18 Team is not too shabby I reckon. Welcome to the Bloods, Will!

Might seem the boring pick but really happy with this. Athletic, can kick and also mark around the ground really well which I think is vital for the modern day ruckman. KB rarely takes ruckman early on, so internally we must really rate him. Keen to see how he develops. Wonder if he'll be trialed as a key back too.

Might seem the boring pick but really happy with this. Athletic, can kick and also mark around the ground really well which I think is vital for the modern day ruckman. KB rarely takes ruckman early on, so internally we must really rate him. Keen to see how he develops. Wonder if he'll be trialed as a key back too.

Its not a boring pick at all i would put it in the category of not a urgent need as other roles on our list.

But its not his fault he was picked this early and is now a Swan so i obviously wish him all the best!

He could do worse than get mentored by Brodie Grundy and Dean Cox.

The last time we went for a ruck early was Tim English, so when we go for one we sure can pick 'em.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make him Darcy Moore 2.0.

We've been screaming out for quality rucks for some time. Years even. This pick is in for the long haul. Well done Swans.
I agree. We have Grundy, arguably the 2nd best ruck in the AFL for 4 years. We have Green, who could develop into the same sort of ruck and continue for another 10+ years. That is a quality Swans ruck possibly sorted for 12-14 years.

I'm happy. He's a safe pick and if you get it wrong it's better to be wrong on a tall than a small in my mind. Can't teach height.

Green looks pretty surprised he was drafted by us going by his profile picture.

No ruckman is ever a safe pick. He may be a safe pick amongst ruckmen, but that is still far from a safe pick.

Disagree, I think its a very exciting pick, got a bit of Tim English about him, I am so envious whenever I watch him play.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back