Retired 46. Matthew Wright Announces Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Still reckon we got rid of him 1 year too early but I guess time moves on and so does expectations …..

Better be a replacement for him …. 73 goals over 3 seasons is going to be hard to replace in a small forward.

Still reckon we got rid of him 1 year too early but I guess time moves on and so does expectations …..

Better be a replacement for him …. 73 goals over 3 seasons is going to be hard to replace in a small forward.
Only 21 of them came this season, 5 of them in Round 1. He had 8 goalless games & it was quite apparent that his form had tailed off this year. There was times during the year that I thought he was lucky not to be dropped.

Only 21 of them came this season, 5 of them in Round 1. He had 8 goalless games & it was quite apparent that his form had tailed off this year. There was times during the year that I thought he was lucky not to be dropped.

Was also trialled down back …. kinda hard to score there ……

Edit: And in the middle …. where he was expected to extract the pill ….

Was also trialled down back …. kinda hard to score there ……

Edit: And in the middle …. where he was expected to extract the pill ….
Didn't spend that much time down back, or in the midfield (he probably had more time in the midfield over the previous 2 seasons than this year).

His decision to play for the Crows SANFL team & take up a development role would indicate that even he thought his days were numbered. I suspect if we had given him one more year, he would have spent a fair chunk of that in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back